Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedia MA User Group/Wiki Loves Monuments 2018 in Morocco
Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
- Add and improve the free licensed image media content of monuments in Morocco.
- Add, improve and structure the content about the classified monuments in Morocco.
- Recruit new contributors to Wikimedia projects such as Commons and Wikipedia.
- Engage existing contributors to stay active and empower the local Wikimedia community.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
The contest will essentially focus on freely licensed and high quality image media content of monuments in Morocco. This is particularly important to the Moroccan Wikimedia community to help increase the quality of articles in Wikipedia (and syster projects) about Moroccan cultural heritage.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
The contest will be promoted through social media such as Facebook, twitter and Instagram. Moroccan electronic newspapers will also be used to spread the word.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
A panel of at least three photography experienced juries will choose three winners. The latter will be awarded gift cards for their contributions.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
To get images used on different Wikimedia projects, the promotion of the contest will contain invitations to make use of the images to add and improve articles about the cultural heritage in Morocco. Besides, the monuments database will be structured so that it is easy to locate monuments without pictures and vice-versa unused pictures.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
Photo walks will be organized in several Moroccan cities during the contest period. The database of classified monuments will be compiled manually based on data from the Moroccan Ministry of Culture and will structure into wikidata with wlm-identifiers for easy future processing.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of participants: at least 30 people.
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: at least 300 photos.
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: at least 50 % of the newly uploaded photos within three months.
- Number of new photographed monuments: at least 10 monuments.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
Four active members and I (i.e. the grantee) from the user group will help with the different tasks such as preparing, promoting, documenting and organizing the contest. The jury consists of three amateur/professional photographers that intends to join the user group.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Gift cards: 1st with 250 USD, 2nd with 150 USD and 3rd with 100 USD
- Promotion: 100 USD
- Incidental 100 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support Good initiative to reward WLM winners in Morocco, which in case of approval will be a "premiere" in all contests combined --Reda benkhadra (talk) 17:21, 26 July 2018 (UTC)
- Support Very good idea in order to encourage the participants to upload a bigger number of quality photos about Morocco, as well as remaining as active members of the community. Anass Sedrati (talk) 14:30, 28 July 2018 (UTC)
- I Support Reda Kerbouche (talk) 09:03, 3 August 2018 (UTC)
- While I cannot judge the exact amounts, I support (from a personal capacity) the direction and kind of expenses. I'm not sure what the $100 incidentals would be for though? And I feel that the goals are even more ambitious than I would have phrased them. Effeietsanders (talk) 21:53, 15 August 2018 (UTC)