- Add or improve content
- Engage existing editors
- Attract new editors
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- We seek to fill two major subject gaps – women and Africa, therefore we will focus on writing articles about women in Africa. We add two more regions - Central America and South America - for easier writing and because these two regions are also rarely written about in Vietnamese Wikipedia.
- In 2018, the project worked well, with more than 1300 articles created in 2 months. So we decide to do it again.
- We will organize four contest months - January, March, May and July 2019
2. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- We use Fountain to keep track of the score.
- Scoring system: one point will be given for each new article on a woman of the specified regions. The minimum requirement is 2000 bytes and 250 words, excluding templates and references.
- Prizes will be given to the top eight scorers. Prizes are phone recharge cards, so delivery should not be a problem.
3. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This would be our community's fourth contest rapid grant from WMF.
For writing contests:
- Number of participants: 25
- Number of articles created or improved: 500/month * 4 = 2000 articles (estimated from the result of the previous contests in 2018)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Tuanminh01 - organizer, will create contest pages, check scores, purchase and give prizes
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Total funding needed: 1039 USD for prizes - with 8 prizes for each contest.
How will you let others in your community know about your project? Why are you targeting a specific audience? How will you engage the community you’re aiming to serve at various points during your project? Community input and participation helps make projects successful.
- The contest will be announced 2-4 weeks in advance in Sitenotice, Village pump and Facebook page.
- We will ask editors who are working in universities to promote it to their students.
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support: I think Viwiki needs more woman articles, and these contests can help build a larger number of articles about women. Bluetpp (talk) 03:13, 22 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support: Wonderful! Thánh Thiện TALK_MT 03:19, 22 November 2018 (UTC)
- That sounds great. I support. 18.104.22.168 04:03, 22 November 2018 (UTC)
- This is a great contest. The number and quality of wiki articles are greatly improved! Vdongold (talk) 06:16, 22 November 2018 (UTC)
- A great platform to write new articles about women. 22.214.171.124 07:01, 22 November 2018 (UTC)
- A good project. Green (Sweet)
- I agree about project Lengkeng91 (talk) 10:45, 22 November 2018 (UTC)
- I think it is a wonderful subject. Tanlocnguyen2014 (talk) 11:42, 22 November 2018 (UTC)
- I think this will be a great project. Huydang2910 (talk) 14:43, 22 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support, good projectLedinhthang (talk) 00:57, 23 November 2018 (UTC)
- To fulfill the lack of articles about women Bdanh (talk) 01:42, 23 November 2018 (UTC)
- It's very good for Wikipedia. Dungpenta (talk) 06:18, 23 November 2018 (UTC)
- Because this project is helpful when the number of women's post is so low Phattainguyen23 (talk) 12:56, 28 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support ThiênĐế98 (talk) 16:24, 2 December 2018 (UTC)
- great. Cha Rồng (talk) 13:29, 11 February 2019 (UTC)