Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content
- Engage existing editors
- Attract new editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- We seek to fill two major subject gaps – women and Africa, therefore we will focus on writing articles about women in Africa. We add two more regions - Central America and South America - for easier writing and because these two regions are also rarely written about in Vietnamese Wikipedia.
- We will organize two contest months - July and September 2018
2. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- We use Fountain to keep track of the score.
- Scoring system: one point will be given for each new article on a woman of the specified regions. The minimum requirement is 2000 bytes and 250 words, excluding templates and references.
- Prizes will be given to the top eight scorers. Prizes are phone recharge cards, so delivery should not be a problem.
3. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This would be our community's third contest rapid grant from WMF.
For writing contests:
- Number of participants: 40
- Number of articles created or improved: 450/month * 2 = 900 articles (estimated from the result of the previous contest in 2017)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Tuanminh01 - organizer, will create contest pages, check scores, purchase and give prizes
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Total funding needed: 524.02 USD for prizes - with 8 prizes for each contest.
How will you let others in your community know about your project? Why are you targeting a specific audience? How will you engage the community you’re aiming to serve at various points during your project? Community input and participation helps make projects successful.
- The contest will be announced 2-4 weeks in advance in Sitenotice, Village pump and Facebook page.
- We will ask editors who are working in universities to promote it to their students.
Do you think this project should be selected for a Grant Rapid? Please add your name and rationale for endorsing this project below! (Other constructive feedback is welcome on the discussion page). Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support :D ThiênĐế98 (talk) 16:45, 12 May 2018 (UTC)
- Support. Lumiraty (talk) 16:47, 12 May 2018 (UTC)
- Support. Tuyenduong97 (talk) 17:11, 12 May 2018 (UTC)
- An interesting project Ledinhthang (talk) 15:32, 13 May 2018 (UTC)
- Women and Africa are wonderful topics that deserve to have more articles in Vietnamese Wikipedia, so I fully support this project! Bluetpp (talk) 05:18, 15 May 2018 (UTC)
- A good project. 05:33, 15 May 2018 (UTC)
- Support. Mai Ngọc Xuân (talk) 11:03, 15 May 2018 (UTC)
- Thank you for creating a campaign like this, it should be a great way to enhance our Wikipedia! buileducanh 02:44, 16 May 2018 (UTC)
- Support, new topic for Vietnamese wikipedia.Earthandmoon (talk) 16:05, 23 June 2018 (UTC)