Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors (Employees of Archives F/town)
- Add or improve content
The main goal of the project is to work with glam staff (introduce them for the first time to Wikimedia projects) and serve as a liaison between the community and archives of F/town. I and other volunteers will help by introducing the glam staff to Wikimedia projects. A mini awareness program was conducted. We will train them on how to upload image files to Wikimedia commons which will be released under the free license in the public domain.
It was very interesting to have images from archives, the likes of the founding President of Botswana Sir Seretse Khama were added to this Article and other photos can be seen on this category
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- Only two sessions will be done.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- I will notify everyone on the Wikimedia Botswana volunteers website on meta.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- I and other volunteers will be the WIR for the first time (Pilot Project) 2 days event.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- We will hire a camera and a laptop is available, it will be used to snap and document pictures at the archives for use in developing articles and creating new articles in Wikipedia..
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We will do follow up of what we are doing, on the Whats-app group and in meta.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
We have Already started uploading image scans I took from the Archives in to the Wikimedia commons, very interesting to have them under the free license, Some of the glam staff I met were happy to give me the images and happy to know about Wikipedia.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events = 2
- Number of people = (=>20)
- Number of articles added or improved = =>100 (greater or equal to 100)
- Number of images uploaded = 150 to 200
This project will focus on increasing quality of sources for the (re) use of editors.
- Increasing accessibility to reliable sources for editors
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I and other volunteers will be starting WIR pilot project.
- I will use my personal laptop to connect to a scanner.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Hire a Camera = $100
- Food/Breakfast/lunch/drinks = $800
- Printer/scanner = $100
- Local Transportation : $ 900
- Miscellaneous other expenses : $100
Total = $2000
|Hire camera||$100||[ Photo-Expeditions - Two (1) within the project duration ]|
|Food/Breakfast/lunch/drinks||$800||Food is provided for two events and the last photo expedition and the recap of the training of archives employees ]|
|Printer/scanner||$100||[Scanning of documents at the archives?]|
|Local transportation||$900||[$45 per person in two events, $45*20 people = $900, so each day might be set as $22.5 per person]|
|Miscellaneous other expenses||$100|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support great idea. User:Setsile
- Support This project will give the opportunity of enriching the Botsawnian content in Wikipedia, which is great for diversity in the encyclopedia. Moreover, it can attract more editors from the region, that can participate regularly in editing content. - Anass Sedrati (talk) 09:44, 28 August 2017 (UTC)
- Support Opportunity to bring Wikiawareness to a part of the world, where it is still low --Kritzolina (talk) 17:46, 28 August 2017 (UTC)
- Support a good idea to start Wikipedian in residence in our community..---Moabi.othapile