Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors and grow the Women participation in Wikimedia movements
- Add or improve Women related contents
- Increase skills for existing editors
- To develop level of Nepali Wikipedia and Nepali contents
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We are hosting series of editathon in different venues of Kathmandu, Rajbiraj and nearby cities.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- The program is proposed at Village Pump Discussion of Nepali Wikipedia. The editathon is registered on the Wikipedia Outreach Dashboard. Communication will be done through the affiliate's mailing list. Programs will be pre-announced in official facebook page of Wiki Women Edit-a-thon 2018
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes, we've been organizing the Wiki Women Edit-a-thon since 2015 frequently as Mahila Sampadanthon 2015, Wiki Women Edit-a-thon 2016,BBC 100 Women Editathon, Wiki Women Edit-a-thon 2017 So, we have experienced Wikimedia editors and enthusiasts to execute the program successfully as in past.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- This event is aimed at all levels of skill and the participants do not need to know anything as we will aim to teach them the basic Wikipedia editing skills. We have asked the attendees to bring their own device. Besides that the venue, internet connections and other necessary services will be our responsibilities.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- Well, according to our program format we will be run the online competition for whole month and around 3+ outreach events in different venue. So, participants will be involved regularly during the whole month as a participants in the competition.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Well, first of all we’re glad to continue this franchise for the fifth time so far. As we’ve created 1000’s of women related articles during the past events. But the flip part is that we always lacked the active women participation for those sessions. Now this time we’re glad to organize this session under the co-ordination of Women Editors. Hope to make it more broad and loud.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: a month long inwiki edit-a-thon and 3+ outreach events
- Number of participants: 50+
- Number of new editors: 35+
- Number of of articles created or improved: 400+
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We have the team of experienced editors to execute the sessions
- The necessary equipment like the laptop or personal computers will be the self-responsibilities of both organizers and participants.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|Item / Description||Total cost (US$)||Remarks|
|Banners and Publications||USD 75||Banners, Stickers e.t.c|
|Food and Beverages||USD 500||Food and Beverages for the participants of all targeted programs|
|Projector and Venue Charges||USD 300||Charges of Projector and Venue of the program|
|Telephone and Internet connectivity||USD 150||3G/4G Internet data and communication charges|
|Certificates, T-Shirt and Gift hampers||USD 400||Certificates and T-Shirt for participants and and Gift hampers to winners|
|Transportation||USD 150||Transportation charge for organizing team|
|Stationery and Miscellaneous||USD 100||Stationery and Miscellaneous Charges|
|Total||USD 1675||Total cost of all editathons and outreach events|