Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- Add high quality free content, unavailable before. Translation of Mozart`s operas by a prominent Ukrainian translator Yevhen Drobiazko had been performed about 50 years ago but never been published and remain unknown for modern musicians and music lovers. Translation of Chopin`s romances into Ukrainian had never been published and never performed before therefore this music remain little known in Ukraine.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- The main activity is organizing two concerts. First one - is vocal music by Chopin (mainly Polish songs op. 74), the other one - music by Mozart, mainly arias and ensebles from operas "Nozze di Figaro" and "Die Zauberflöte" translated by Yevhen Drobiazko (both of them are available under cc-by sa 3.0 lycense. See OTRS ticket 2016110810022812). Before we need to prepare music sheet for musicians. These sheet music will be uploaded to wikisource. After we could prepare audio and video and upload them to wikimedia commons.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- The project "World classic in Ukrainian" has a community in Facebook, Vkontakte and blog. Also as usual we inviting wikimedians to attend our concerts as a wiki-meetup.
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- We will have some music sheet, audio and video in wiki-projects as well as in Youtube site under free license.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- It is expected the project could help us to ask prominent poets and translators (or their descendants) for permissions for further publications under free license
- It is expected the project will help us to involve more musicians who will record music under free license
- Additional measures of success are:
- Number of total pieces performed
- (20 pieces by Chopin are known in total, at least 18 are expected, see coordination table)
- (about 16 numbers (arias or ensembles) from Mozart`s operas are expected)
- Number of total audio and video uploaded
- 36 audio files and 36 video files are expected. Aprox. total length for Chopin is 40-50 min, for Mozart - 40-60 min. In total 80-110 min.
- Number of total music sheet uploaded
- 20 pieces by Chopin (vocal score, up to 96 pages)
- 15-20 numbers by Mozart (vocal score, up to 96 pages)
- Number of people attended concerts
- Number of total pieces performed
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- All participants will act as volunteers. Some of them participated in our project earlier (see recent events - Wikipedia 15/Events/Kyiv, Grants:PEG/WM UA/Free Vocal Music concert) including honoured artists - Oksana Dondik, Natalia Krechko. Translations of Chopin works also are performed by volunteers. Audio and video recording also is expected to be done by volunteers.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
- Hall rent. We need to rent a hall for 2 concerts and for two rehearsals for each. Rehearsal is necessary for preparing an additional audio recording (for the case if the live recording from the concert will not be good enough).
- Printing posters and leaflets (for both events).
- Preparing music sheet. Though Mozart is partially available (see commons:Category:Sheet_music_of_Zauberflöte_by_Wolfgang_Amadeus_Mozart), the most of work is to be done. It is expected we will need to prepare and print about 50 pages by Chopin and 50 pages by Mozart.
- We want to invite performers from Rivne and Kharkiv - 4 persons for Chopin concert. Halyna Shvydkiv from Rivne translated some Chopin songs and will perform them in Kyiv. Also Ivan Ishchenko from Kharkiv translated a song by Chopin and we expect 2 performances from Kharkiv (with Grigoriy Hansburg, he participated in our project earlier). We need to cover travel cost, food and accomodation for them.
|Number||Category||Item description||Unit||Number of units||Cost per unit||Total cost||Currency||Notes|
|1||Hall rent||House of Scientist's hall in Kyiv||Per event||2||115.00||231.00||USD||The Scientist's House hall is comparatively cheap but prestigious hall. It is comfortable for chamber concerts.|
|2||Posters||Design & printing||Per unit||10||4.60||46.00||USD||Posters are necessary to attract people|
|3||Invitations and playbills||Per unit||100||0.50||50.00||USD||Playbills are aimed also to enlighten goals of the world wikimedia movement and clear up the free-license issues.|
|4||Travel and post expenses||Two way train/bus tickets||Per person||4||27.00||108.00||USD||This could differ depending on type of train|
|5||Daily allowances||Food, accomodation etc.||Per person||4||10.50||42.00||USD||according to |
|6||Music sheet preparing||To prepare music sheet with both lyrics - Ukrainian and original||Pages||100||1.20||120.00||USD||About 60 pages for Mozart and about 60 for Chopin are expected.|
|7||Printing Music sheet||To prepare music sheet with both lyrics - Ukrainian and original for participants. Separately Chopin (up to 96 pages) and Mozart (up to 96 pages)||Per copy||50||2.80||140.00||USD||Calculated according to . Final price may differ.|
|8||Bank fees and exchange gain/loss||Exchange fees, Bank Account fees and exchange gain/loss||Per project||1.00||4.90||4.90||USD|
Support. This project is good and important for many people - Ukraine's, Austria's,Polish and other audience. TetianaF
- Support. Well known and necessary initiative! --Jbuket (talk) 07:51, 14 November 2016 (UTC)
- Support. Z-ultimus (talk) 16:57, 16 November 2016 (UTC)
- Very interesting music project, active from 2012. Chopin and Mozart in Ukrainian must be amazing. Павло Зубов (talk) 12:14, 20 November 2016 (UTC)
- Full support. A1 has necessary experience and success history. -- Perohanych (talk) 07:43, 21 November 2016 (UTC)
- Support. --Leonst (talk) 08:37, 21 November 2016 (UTC)
- Support. --Yakudza (talk) 10:26, 21 November 2016 (UTC)
- Support. Reasonable budget for this target. --Friend (talk) 08:09, 6 December 2016 (UTC)
- Support. Григорій Ганзбург (talk) 08:43, 12 December 2016 (UTC)
- Support. I support the project as 1) A1 provided a clear answer that there will be (possibly several) recordings on rehearsals and best possible recording will be used. 2) A1 takes commitment to get required permissions so previous problems will not happen --Ilya (talk) 08:58, 27 December 2016 (UTC)