Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editorsN
- Add or improve content
- give prizes to the best contributors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We first do a series of training then a series of editathons on line
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We communicate on the facebook page of our community "https://www.facebook.com/wikimedia.mali" and on the facebook page of the project specially created for this purpose.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- yes, we have experienced wikimedians and trainers to lead the work
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- we will allocate 10 dollars to each participant to ensure their internet connection costs
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- participants immediately become Wikimedians who are members of our Malian contributor community
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- For the implementation of this project, we were contacted by the organizers and we really liked this project because it will allow us to complete either the articles or the images on Wikipedia and like
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Three training workshops and three contribution workshops (edition) of events online only via a video conference application# 25 participants
- 10 new editors
- Between 50 to 100 of articles created or improved
- 15 regular participants (for projects that include a series of events)
NB: the language used will be French
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- KAG1LP2MDIAKITE organizes the project with motivated members of wikimédians Of Mali User Group
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- We will need a grant to carry out this project
1er prix = 200 $ US
2e prix = 150 $ US
3e prix = 100 $ US
prix féminin ( meilleure contributrice = 100 $ US
forfait membres du jury = 200 $ US
Coût Internet par personne = 10 $US x 25 = 250 $ US
Budget total = 1000 $ US.
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support. We are happy to seeing that the Wikimedia community in Mali is joining more than 30 other recognized affiliates to coordinating this campaign in their community. KAG1LP2MDIAKITE, could you revise your application so that it focus on online activities only? Kindly note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, #WPWP Campaign activities/events are strictly online. Please let us know if you need any help. Regards. T CellsTalk 08:29, 14 June 2020 (UTC)
Oh yes, I will review this important detail. thank you.KAG1LP2MDIAKITE06:44, 15 June 2020 (UTC)
- Support Happy to see you join. But
- I recommand you further adapt your request in regards to hosting online only activities. For example 4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them? We rent a room equipped with computers and equipped with an internet connection plus a projector and other accessories is probably not needed. You might need a better microphone, or a little portable camera or a pro-access to Zoom for 2 months to better host your events. But not a fully equipped room.
- Also, tee-shirts and food for participants look a bit weird to me. Not completely illogical, but a bit weird. I think an approach similar to what the Guinea team is doing Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos Guinea moght be more logical (small gifts to most active participants), with a tiny bit of adapting so that it covers more people. Such as vouchers for Price 1, Price2, Price3, PriceWomen, and a bit of cash prize for most active participants #4 till #10 (for an amount of 10-20 dollars for example, that would cover extra data costs, participate to better equipement etc.) to provide a bit more incentive.
- I strongly recommand you mention the languages you intend to work in ;) I can prepare in advance working list if you do so :)))
- 2000 USD looks frankly too much to me. Wiki Loves Africa 2020/Illustrate Wikipedia articles. Check it out, there is only an example of French to inspire English at the moment. But I can do the same for other languages fairly easily. Anthere (talk)
- Support Well noted. I'm going to review it all. Thank you very much for your help. KAG1LP2MDIAKITE11:12, 22 June 2020 (UTC)