Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Project Goals edit
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors: Massive campaign to recruit Igbo language editors that live in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Increase skills for existing editors: Increase the editing skill set of existing editors that live in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Add or improve content: Significantly add and improve content on the Igbo Language Wikipedia platform of notable Igbo women on Wikipedia Igbo Language platform by translations, creating new pages all in Igbo language.
Project Plan edit
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
We are planning a series of 7 editathons over 7 months focused to improve the presence of notable Igbo women on Wikipedia Igbo Language platform by translations, creating new pages all in Igbo language.
- Event One: Wikipedia Igbo Women Edit-a-thon - Event One
- Event Two: Wikipedia Igbo Women Edit-a-thon - Event Two
- Event Three: Wikipedia Igbo Women Edit-a-thon - Event Three
- Event Four: Wikipedia Igbo Women Edit-a-thon - Event Four
- Event Five: Wikipedia Igbo Women Edit-a-thon - Event Five
- Event Six: Wikipedia Igbo Women Edit-a-thon - Event Six
- Event Seven: Wikipedia Igbo Women Edit-a-thon - Event Seven
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
Face to face discussions with existing Igbo Language editors that live in Abuja, Nigeria has been done and at the moment, there are 6 editors that are excited about the project and willing to volunteer their time to it. We will also use social media to call for new volunteers that we will train and adopt into the project. The following Organizations and Hubs will be partnering with us organizations in Abuja in areas of participant recruitment:
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
We have 6 existing Igbo Language editors and myself. I will also lead as the event planner as I am skilled in that field. They are as follows:
Support and training will be provided by DonCamillo
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
They have the necessary computer devices for the project and I will be providing unlimited fast-speed internet that will be used for all the editathon meetups.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
We will also set up a Telegram group for editathon participants to talk and share ideas. A mailing list will be created and a support system set up to encourage new recruits.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
This event is one that I am particularly interested in and going by the excitement of the editors on ground, I believe that we will exceed set targets.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 7
- Number of participants: 7
- Number of new editors: 23
- Number of of articles created or improved: 100
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): 15
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
We have 6 experienced Wikimedians who will attend all the events and myself that will double as editor, trainer and event planner.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Food and drink = $175 x 7events = $1,225
- Space rental = $100/event x 7 events = $700
- Miscellaneous supplies = $75 (name tags, printing cheatsheets, etc.)
Total = 2,000 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- There are lots of great works and achievements by Igbo women which needs to be recognized on Wikipedia. It is important to create contents of these amazing and notable igbo women, and improve the existing ones. Also there is urgent need to translate contents to igbo language, because of the popularity of Igbo tribe. This project is focused on doing these. Wikinaija (talk) 03:04, 11 May 2017 (UTC)
- Blossom has the talent and network needed to implement this project! I will be available to provide support/training if needed. --DonCamillo (talk) 15:35, 12 May 2017 (UTC)
- No doubt a step in the right direction. Blossom has proven overtime that her interest in Wikipedia Igbo is 100%. Oluwa2Chainz (talk) 19:36, 14 June 2017 (UTC)