Tài trợ:TTTHCLPT/Giới thiệu
Tài Trợ Thực Hiện Chiến Lược Phong Trào hỗ trợ các dự án thúc đẩy các Sáng kiến Chiến lược Phong trào tiến lên thêm một bước. Bằng cách này, tất cả các sáng kiến đều được thực hiện chung từng bước một, từ việc nghiên cứu và lập kế hoạch đến phát triển và khởi chạy. Các dự án được hỗ trợ bởi các khoản tài trợ này có thể lớn hoặc nhỏ, nhưng tất cả chúng đều phải là nhằm để thúc đẩy một sáng kiến.
The Movement Strategy and Governance team looks forward to learning more about your grant proposal. Early drafts are welcome. Reach out to strategy2030 wikimedia.org if you have any questions. You can expect to hear from us within two weeks.
Eligibility: All affiliates and volunteers are welcome to submit proposals. Collaboration is especially encouraged. We recommend that you read through the examples provided before starting your application.
Amount: Grants requesting up to $25,000 USD are welcome. For grants requesting a higher amount, please contact the Movement Strategy team before starting your application.
Deadlines: Proposals will be reviewed monthly between the 15th and the last day of each month. Complete your application by the 15th to ensure it can be reviewed during that month’s review period.
What are the steps in the process?
Here is what you can expect throughout this process:
- Fill out the application form
- Share information about your grant to get endorsements and feedback from the community
- Send an email to strategy2030 wikimedia.org with the following information:
- The full name of the lead applicant
- A link to your application on Meta
- A link to the Movement Strategy initiative you are focusing on
- Total amount requested in USD
- Your application will be reviewed within two weeks
- If needed, questions regarding your proposal will be posted on your application discussion page (so be sure to add it to your watchlist).
- You will need to respond to the questions raised within 5 working days.
- Your application will be reviewed one final time.
- You will receive an email notifying you of the final decision on your application.
Things to Keep in Mind
- Make sure you read the latest status and most recent conversations of the specific initiative that you are looking to support.
- Make your plan as clear as possible. It might not be clear to others. Share details and ask others for feedback. But be crisp and to-the-point, and avoid fluff and flowery language.
- Connect with other community members and groups. Endorsements from volunteers and affiliates not working on your project will be taken into consideration when your application is being reviewed.
What Will Not Be Funded
- Proposals that do not demonstrate clear progress in the implementation of a Movement Strategy initiative (no matter how many endorsements they may have).
- Proposals that do not present a compelling explanation of how the proposed activities would lead to the project goals.
As Movement Strategy implementation progresses, the Wikimedia Foundation maintains a strong commitment to the strategic direction that guides our Movement into the future:
By 2030, Wikimedia will become the essential infrastructure of the ecosystem of free knowledge, and anyone who shares our vision will be able to join us.
Building on the years of Movement Strategy work, there are 10 recommendations, 45 initiatives, and 8 prioritized clusters. These require considerable planning for effective implementation. The Movement Strategy Implementation Grants provide the support you need for your implementation plans, projects, and activities that target specific initiatives.
The previous grants call lasted from April to July 2021. That call enabled the development of short-term plans to advance specific initiatives. Thank you everyone who applied and those who shared ideas on how to improve this process. The lessons learned from these interactions have shaped the current Movement Strategy Grants Approach (2021-22).