Invitations for the Conference Support committee will begin in January 2017.
The committee always has at least 5 members. Each member each serves either a six- or twelve-month term:
- Mervat Salman
- Davit Saroyan
Questions about joining the committee? Contact conferencegrantswikimedia.org
- Reasonable facility with English, for reviewing and discussing grant proposals.
- Experience with the Wikimedia movement, having planned or attended at least one Wikimedia conference event.
- Experience with Wikimedia programs.
- Understanding of diversity, including cultural, linguistic, and gender differences.
- Commitment to the Friendly Space Expectations, and to engaging in supportive dialogue with applicants and grantees.
- Consistent record of constructive engagement in community discussions, and an orientation toward collaborative problem solving.
Desirable (but not required)
- Experience in a leadership role with a volunteer-focused organization.
- Experience planning events or conferences, or significant experience reviewing other types of grant proposals.
- Relevant skills for planning successful events, including community consultation, funds management, project management, legal or accounting experience, conference program development experience.
Other criteria notes:
- Members may apply for a Conference Grant themselves, but they will recuse themselves from reviewing proposals until their own proposal has been reviewed to completion.
- Members may serve concurrently on this committee in addition to the Simple APG Committee and the Project Grants Committee. They may not serve on both the Funds Dissemination Committee and the Conference Grants Committee.
- Current staff of chapters or the Wikimedia Foundation can participate on this committee in a volunteer capacity.
Would you like to join the committee? Add yourself to the list of candidates here!
If you meet the criteria, you can join the committee until it is full. We currently have space on the committee!