Community Wishlist Survey 2019/Wikidata/Statements with deprecated and preferred rank should be much easier to identify in the Wikidata item pages
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
- Problem: There is hard to distinguisch which statements have preferred and wich deprecated rank. Usually the best ranks are used in queries and in other wiki projects, but these are not easilly to distinguish. On the other side deprecated satements are usually not of big importance, but visualizing them in the same manner like statements with normal and preferred rank complicates the readibility.
- Who would benefit: The acceptance of wikidata statements in other wiki projects, the wikidata projects itself (editors and users can more easylly distinguish between ranks).
- Proposed solution: One possible solution would be that in SQID
- More comments:
- Phabricator tickets: T87327, T139081, T198907
- Proposer: Datawiki30 (talk) 20:57, 7 November 2018 (UTC)
- Whilst not taking away from your request, which I think makes good sense, deprecated statements can be made a bit more obvious by adding a reason for deprecation (P2241) qualifier.
- The design of the visual distinction would need some care, on the one hand to make the unusual rank more obvious; but on the other hand still being quite subtle, to avoid too much damaging the visual unity and visual flow of the page. For example, Reasonator distinguishes quite strongly between statements of different rank, but I find its very pronounced bold for preferred items (see eg: Glasgow - Population ) to be overdone and distracting. Jheald (talk) 15:36, 9 November 2018 (UTC)
- A pink pastel and a green pastel for deprecated and preferred ranks might be a nice way to meet the intent of this wishlist item. --Izno (talk) 17:53, 9 November 2018 (UTC)
- I’ve added phab:T198907. In that task you can find CSS snippets to put into your Wikidata common.css which highlight both ranks. —MisterSynergy (talk) 01:33, 17 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support ديفيد عادل وهبة خليل 2 (talk) 11:47, 17 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support MichaelSchoenitzer (talk) 00:48, 18 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 01:25, 18 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Richard Nevell (talk) 10:45, 18 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Sabas88 (talk) 09:21, 19 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Dhx1 (talk) 12:47, 19 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Sadads (talk) 18:47, 19 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Mounir Touzri (talk) 00:23, 20 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support 朝彦 | Asahiko (talk) 07:55, 20 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Vulphere 12:55, 20 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Laboramus (talk) 07:16, 21 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Novak Watchmen (talk) 15:11, 21 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Ayack (talk) 16:32, 21 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Sannita - not just another it.wiki sysop 00:36, 24 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Matěj Suchánek (talk) 09:43, 24 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support PMG (talk) 10:25, 26 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support GAllegre (talk) 13:59, 27 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support YFdyh000 (talk) 20:02, 27 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support --Papuass (talk) 14:34, 30 November 2018 (UTC)