This page is kept for historical interest. Any policies mentioned may be obsolete. If you want to revive the topic, you can use the talk page or start a discussion on the community forum.
This is a list of subcommittees which fall under the authority of the communications committee. Please add suggestions for or comments about these subcommittees on the discussion page.
- Members: Angela Beesley, Michael Snow, Nicholas Moreau, David Gerard, Mathias Schindler, Raul654, AlisonW, Avatar
- Responsibilities: Media relations, press releases, arranging and coordinating interviews, briefing press contacts. Note that this subcommittee will not necessarily include all press contacts, but is intended to support and coordinate their work.
- Members: Aphaia, Az1568, Cbrown1023, Htchien, Yuyu
- Responsibilities: Coordinating translations of important Foundation news, press release and information, supporting interlingual communication between the Foundation and the community, and coordinating, supporting and recruiting interested translators.
- Members: UninvitedCompany, Kat Walsh (e-mail), Avatar
- Responsibilities: Coordinating responses to inquiries from the general public, "customer service".
- Members: Walter Vermeir
- Responsibilities: Disseminating Foundation information to individual projects, collecting feedback.
- Members: Elian, Akl
- Responsibilities: Developing and maintaining style guidelines for Wikimedia and the projects, designing and coordinating the development of promotional and informational materials, design of the Wikimedia Foundation Website (management and update of Wikimedia Foundation Website would be a task of internal and translation teams)