Wikipedia Asian Month 2019Edit
- , primary contact (Requested at 17:10, 31 October 2019 (UTC))
What is the purpose of the campaign? How will you measure the success of the campaign?Edit
- Since the contest starts tomorrow, it would be great if the request can be approved as soon as possible. Thank you Wikilover90 (talk) 17:16, 31 October 2019 (UTC)
- @Martin Urbanec:I have created the list at User:Tiven2240/Links. Translations are in progress will be completed ASAP. @MarcoAurelio: I understand the above highlighted rule from CN by you. I sincerely apologise as there is delay in it. Whereas as per 10 days back we had just 34 Pages of WAM ready. Now we have 48 pages. As the nature of contest is open and Wikipedias can register anytime it is not possible for us to give the exact figures or links to the community participating. Requesting now saved even the Central Notice Admins time as creation in batch is easy than creation on demand. Last year the same was seen and @-revi: helped alot in the same. I invite you all to give your contribution to the project and increase Asian content on Wikipedia. Happy editing. Best regards --Tiven2240 (talk)
- @Martin Urbanec and Tiven2240: I think it would be a good idea to have the banner appear on all types of devices (not only on desktop, but also on android, iphone, ipad and unknown). Mobile users may also be interested in WAM. What do you think? --Patriccck (talk) 18:04, 5 November 2019 (UTC)
Central Notice admin commentsEdit
- I would like to remind requestors that "[r]equests must be made, at minimum, 10 days in advance of any campaign" (emphasis mine). While we've been flexible, this kind of "late minute requests" are starting to be the rule rather than the exception, and considering that the project was funded on 24 August 2019 I am thinking that the organisers had plently of time to request this. Thanks for your understanding. —MarcoAurelio (talk) 12:17, 2 November 2019 (UTC)
I second MarcoAurelio's opinion. As a courtesy, I'm going to process this. See my messages to Tulsi, who asked to process this ASAP via IRC.
13:24 <Urbanecm> I need you to get the banner localized 13:24 <Urbanecm> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=Centralnotice-tgroup-asian_month_2019&language=cs&filter=%21translated&action=translate 13:25 <Urbanecm> also, check homepages, they should be listed at https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:WAM_Translations-link/cs . Feel free to prepare a set of homepages in your userspace, I can move it into MW namespace myself.
- @Martin Urbanec: Done. I've created homepages in my userspace. See Special:PrefixIndex/User:Tulsi Bhagat/WAM2019/. Kind regards, — Tulsi Bhagat (contribs | talk) 13:29, 2 November 2019 (UTC)