- This category is being reviewed as of May 2014.
This is a collection of major issues facing the projects and the movement.
Some are issues that have guided the development of current tools and policies.
Some are difficult topics, hard questions, and persistent tactical or strategic topics that have yet to be developed or resolved.
Each one should have a page summarizing the current state of policy, planning, and priorities related to the issue.
- Some issues were last addressed a long time ago, and the currently linked page needs significant updating.
- Some issues haven't been addressed on a single page on Meta, and more work is needed to combine the various pages here into a summary page. In these cases only a single top-level page is listed in this category; please search Meta for additional relevant work (in particular, specific chapters or language-projects may have documented their own regional approach to these issues).
- Many issues were also addressed on the dedicated Strategy wiki and should be transwikied back here. (Our conclusion in 2011, when that wiki was closed to new edits, was that the strategy wiki should be merged back into Meta.)
Issues don't necessarily need immediate resolution, they just need to be read once in a while and updated. A lot of positions, including positions in judgmental or biased language, have to evolve before an issue can be considered to be well-elaborated. If a page becomes confusing, the TIPAESA format can be used to keep multiple positions and viewpoints in line on the same page.
This category has the following 17 subcategories, out of 17 total.
- ► Diversity/ne (3 categories)
- ► Intellectual property/ne (1 category, 1 page)
- ► Legal/ne (2 categories, 3 pages)
- ► Quality/ne (2 categories)
- ► Research/ne (4 categories, 1 page)