Arabic Wikipedia Day Edit-a-thon
Interest has been expressed in topics of science and women, also in the project areas of WikiData, Commons, and WikiSource. Feel free to add other topics or edit requests.
- Please add your user name, also what you worked on, so we can track the results of the editathon.
- Wikimedia Levant will have copyeditors available to help with any Arabic.
- Wikisource demo. Wikimedia DC will have a demo on Wikisource, using an English-language document with an Arabic theme. We will take a scanned document and convert it to digital. If someone wants to convert a document for Arabic WikiSource, we can help them, but they should know enough Arabic to be able to check the results. ويكي مصدريمكننا مساعدة شخص ما لتحويل وثيقة عربية لل العربية.
Articles to work on - قوائم العملEdit
- List of Arab scientists - قائمة العلماء العرب
- List of Arab women writers - قائمة بالكتابات العربيات
- Medieval Arabic women poets -نساء شعراء في العصور الوسطى
- List of Arabic Women in Red -قائمة النساء العربيات في الأحمر
Articles to start - مقالات للبدءEdit
- Radio Nisaa Broadcasting Company, Palestine 2009
- Arabic radio drama Be 100 Ragl (Worth 100 Men, Arabic: بميت راجل or Arabic: بـ 100 راجل) about a young female radio journalist who challenges prejudice مني زكي ” بميت راجل ” ونانسي عجرم تساندها”
- Abaad - Lebanon civil rights group Article 522
- Article 308 (#الغاء_٣٠٨, #الغاء_308 ), a similar law in Jordan BBCAljazeera CBS statement by Salma Nims (سلمى النيم) bio, director of Jordanian National Commission for Women (اللجنة الوطنية الأردنية لشؤون المرأة)
- Rula Quawas (رولا قواس)(d. July 25, 2017) associate professor of American Literature and Feminist Theory at the University of Jordan, founder of the Women’s Studies Centre at UJ (مديرة الدراسات مركز النسائية الجامعة الأردنية), the founder of the Knowledge Production Unit at the Jordanian National Commission for Women  (controversial film)   (in Arabic عربى) (in Arabic عربى) (obit with awards Arabic عربى)
Palestinian cinema - السينما الفلسطينية :
- Palestinian Cinema Institute - from 1960s to 80s, first in Jordan then Lebanon. Beirut had lively theater scene after the 1967 war. Founded by Khadijeh Habashneh, her husband Mustafa Abu Ali, and Sulafa Jadallah.Encyclopedia of Arab Women Filmmakers
- Khadijeh Habashneh - Jordan-based Palestinian filmmaker, head of Palestinian Cinema Institute
- Sulafa Jadallah - co-founder of Palestinian Cinema Institute
- خديجة حباشنة (Khadijeh Habashneh)
- سولاف جاد الله (Sulafa Jadallah)
- Kais al-Zubaidi Iraqi director, with PLO’s Cultural Arts Section. Films include “Away from Home” (1969) and “The Visit” (1970)
- قيس الزبيدي (Kais al-Zubaidi)
Andalus - الأندلس
- Al-Zahra (الزهراء) - concubine of the caliph Abd al-Rahman III 8th c.
- Itimad al-Rumaykiyya (إتيماد آل-روميكيا)- poetess and wife of taifa king al-Mutamid of Seville
- Kitab Al-Ima al-Salwa’ir (كتاب الإمام الصلوير) - Book of Slave Women Poets - a biographical dictionary by Abu al-Faraj al-Isfahani (أبو الفرج الأصفهاني)
- Umm Husayn al-Tanjaliyya (Umm al-Hasan bint Ahmad ibn Abdullah ibn Abd al-Moneim Abu Jaafar al-Tantjali)- أم حسين التنجلية - " a leading 14th-c. Andalusi female literary scholar, who also well-versed in medicine" - if someone is interested in this, I have a source in Spanish -Avery
Articles to improve - مقالات لتحسينEdit
Resources - مواردEdit
- List of Arab women writers (courtesy of Mary Mark Ockerbloom at UPenn) قائمة بالكتابات العربيات (من ماري مارك أوكربلوم في جامعة بنسلفانيا)
- WikiProject Women in Red/Missing articles by nationality/Jordan مشروع ويكي ترجم نساء بالأحمر/الأردن
- WikiProject Women in Red/Missing articles by nationality/Syria سوريا/
- WikiProject Women in Red/Missing articles by nationality/Lebanon لبنان /
- WikiProject Women in Red/Middle Eastern and North African Women الشرق الأوسط وشمال أفريقيا/
For WikiSource - ويكي مصدرEdit
"Peace handbooks" - More than 160 monographs were prepared by the British Foreign Office in 1917 in preparation for the peace conference that was expected to follow World War I, and mostly published in 1919. There are a few volumes on Internet Archive, and more on World Digital Library, all from the U.S. Library of Congress. Specific volumes on the area of Wikimedia Levant (Jordan, Palestine, Lebanon, and Syria) are:
Results - النتائجEdit
Articles started - مقالات جديدةEdit
- Al Saeed University ..... Arabic version جامعة السعيد
- Laurice Schehadé ..... Arabic version لوريس شحادة
Articles improved - تحسين الموادEdit
Other - آخرEdit
Please sign in - تسجيل الدخولEdit
Type * ~~~~ and save (Publish changes) to sign with your user name.
- Avery Jensen (talk) 17:55, 24 July 2017 (UTC)
- --Fjmustak (talk) 20:58, 25 July 2017 (UTC)
- --Mervat Salman (talk) 21:05, 25 July 2017 (UTC)
- econterms (talk) 03:48, 26 July 2017 (UTC)
- Brock-brac (talk) 15:51, 27 July 2017 (UTC)
- --Abbad (talk) 02:26, 29 July 2017 (UTC).
- Antony-22 (talk) 02:46, 29 July 2017 (UTC)
- Rosiestep (talk) 15:55, 29 July 2017 (UTC)
- Fuzheado (talk) 18:46, 29 July 2017 (UTC)