Arab Wikimedians Committee
The Arabic Wikimedians Committee (AWC, or المجلس العربي) is a semi-formal coordination board formed by the Arabic-speaking Movement affiliates. The Board was announced among the Arabic Community on January 4th, 2020, with its first committee elected on January 31st, 2020. The Committee is intended to provide a platform for collaboration and joint work between Arabic Wikimedians. Representation is currently restricted to organized groups in the Arabic-speaking region and has no interference in the activities of the Arabic online community.
The AWC was first proposed during the Arab Wikimedians Meeting at Wikimedia Summit on March 29th, 2019. With the approval of the existing six user groups, a document of Bylaws was drafted through several months of meetings and discussions, with the final agreement and announcement taking place by the beginning of the new year.
Membership is restricted to one representative per existing affiliate, unless a vacant role is otherwise announced:
- عباد ديرانية (talk · contribs) (Wikimedians of the Levant)
- Afek91 (talk · contribs) (Wikimedia TN)
- Bachounda (talk · contribs) (Algerian Wikimedians)
- Sarmad Yaseen (talk · contribs) (Iraqi Wikimedians)
- Ahmed Mohi El din (talk · contribs) (Egypt Wikimedians)
- Anass Sedrati (talk · contribs) (Wikimedia MA)
- علاء (talk · contribs) (advisor, Wikimedia Stewards)