Wikimedia Community User Group Mauritania
Community User Group
|Official language(s)||Arabic, English,|
|Key people||Chafei07, طرفة|
Who we are :
Wikimedia Community User Group Mauritania is a group that has the goal to promote the digital Mauritanian content on Wikipedia and the sister projects.
The aim of this group is to create content on Wikipedia and their sisters that can be trusted and inspire writers and photographers to be involved in open projects related to free knowledge.
- Create a shared environment for Mauritania Wikimedians
- Support the mission of Wikimedia foundation
- Increase the Mauritania related topics in different languages
- Train Mauritanians to use and edit Wikimedia projects
- Create and maintain relations with local ONG, foreign entities and authorities
- Workshops : Make online and offline workshops about the use and the edit in Wikimedia projects.
- Edit-a-thon : Bring wikipedians together in a thematic event to write about a certain topic.
- Presentations : Hosting online experts to give presentations on Wikimedia tools and projects for group members
- Photography challenges : To encourage creative photographers to upload photos on Commons
- Wiki Mauritania : Take inventory of missing important topics related to Mauritania on Wikipedia and recruit volunteers to edit, translate and review them