Affiliate-selected Board seats/2016/Nominations/Siska Doviana/zh
- Siska Doviana
Internally for Wikimedia Indonesia as chapter: In 2010 I am elected as Wikimedia Indonesia's Head of Executive Board, I grew the organization from $800 to $800 thousand dollar in grants. During the evaluation of the grant project that Wikimedia Indonesia did, the feedback from our grantees (20 organizations) are 100 percent approval rate for transparent reporting, the evaluator herself is pretty surprise on the result. I guess it is safe to say that I live and breathe transparency, because there's more to transparency than being transparent, it is also about being fair and communicating enough that a problem is prevented before it happens.
Externally with other chapters: In 2012 I took a volunteer position to evaluate travel grant recipient of Wikiwomen Camp in Argentina, my own travel to the conference was funded by The Ford Foundation. The effort is supported by Wikimedia Germany, Wikimedia Argentina, Wikimedia Austria, and Wikimedia Australia. One of the recipient of this grant is Netha Hussain, it's memorable to me, because it is her first time traveling abroad, and I believe it is an eye opening travel experience for her. Wikimedia Indonesia also work with Wikimedia France and Wikimedia Swiss to revitalize Javanese Language Wikipedia in 2012-2013 project. In a serendipity moment Wikimedia New York introduce Wikimedia Indonesia with HOTOSM in Tech Camp 2011 via Dept of State during their meeting in Capitol Hill. HOT OSM later on become our office mates and project partners.
In March 15, 2016 after five years in position, I will step down as the Head of Executive Board in Wikimedia Indonesia. I believe the organization now is ready to take the new leader and I look forward to contribute to the movement in different ways.
I am eligible to serve as a trustee at the Wikimedia Foundation
- I am committed to the Wikimedia mission
- I speak English to a standard sufficient to take part in detailed and technical written and spoken discussions
- I have sufficient time to devote to the role and will approach that role form an international point of view
- If I have to, I am willing and able to travel
- Wikimedia NYC is proud to endorse Siska as a candidate for the Wikimedia Foundation board, recognizing her strength and independent spirit, her record of accomplishment in building up Wikimedia Indonesia and its groundbreaking projects, and her support of underrepresented global voices in the movement.--Pharos (talk) 04:50, 6 March 2016 (UTC)
- At the Wikimedia NYC March 2016 public meeting, attendees took part in an open vote to endorse Siska's participation as a candidate in this election. This is part of our chapter's policy to encourage a more diverse and more transparent process for the WMF board elections (which took shape after the original board endorsement, once we decided to act more broadly).--Pharos (talk) 17:49, 18 March 2016 (UTC)
- Wikimedia Taiwan is endorsing Siska as a candidate for the Wikimedia Foundation board. Wikimedia Indonesia has grown to become one of the most impactful chapters in the Asian region. Due to her inspiration and passion to share, the Wikimedia Movement not only in Taiwan, but in East and South East Asia are getting momentum. We are expecting her effort to make WMF better fit in the mission. --Liang(WMTW) (talk) 15:44, 7 March 2016 (UTC)
- Endorsed by Wikimedia Australia Gnangarra (talk) 10:39, 19 March 2016 (UTC)
- At the annual meeting on 19 March 2016, Wikimedia Indonesia has agreed to support Siska's candidacy for the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees. Siska is a bold and creative person, moreover she has astounding and rich experiences in Wikimedia movements for many years. Siska is readily equipped to manage and oversee a major organization like WMF. We believe Siska is the right person to provide the Foundation with valuable insights and diversifying perspectives, in regard to the free movement in developing countries and rather underdeveloped affiliates. --Biyanto Rebin (WMID) (talk) 13:27, 21 March 2016 (UTC)
- Endorsement from Wikimedia Philippines, approved on March 12, 2016:
Wikimedia Philippines hereby endorses the candidacy of Ms. Siska Doviana, Executive Chair of Wikimedia Indonesia, as a candidate for this year’s Wikimedia Foundation affiliate-selected Board seat selection process.
We strongly believe that the Wikimedia Foundation will benefit from a candidate whose strong moral compass, unwavering commitment to the Wikimedia movement and excellent history of programmatic work has garnered respect for her and her affiliate from its peers all over the world, especially in Asia. As the leading chapter in Asia, Wikimedia Indonesia is evidence of Siska’s excellent stewardship and commitment to the movement — something that we believe will be of great importance for the next three years while serving in the Board of Trustees.
In this period of great change, it is imperative that we have capable leaders in the movement who have both the gumption and the track record to prove that they can ably serve as a Foundation trustee — arguably one of the biggest responsibilities that can be bestowed upon a movement volunteer. We are confident not only in Siska’s ability to lead the Foundation through these times, but more importantly to inspire new leaders, new ideas and new directions that will greatly benefit the Wikimedia movement.