Wikimedians of Romania and Moldova User Group/2018
This page contains the activities and events organized or attended by the User Group in 2018.
The list below only contains contest organized for the sake of competition. There were also 2 contests organized as part of the projects described below.
- Editathon Let's close the wiki gap (7 March 2018, together with the Embassy of Sweden in Romania)
- Project Feminine personalities from Romania and Moldova
- Editathon Feminine personalities from Romania and Moldova (24 March, București)
- 2 simultaneous editathons Feminine personalities from CEE (21 April, București and Chișinău)
- Editathon Feminine personalities from Romania and Moldova (19 May 2018, București)
- Online contest Feminine personalities from Romania and Moldova (March-June 2018)
- Romanian Centenary Project
- Editathon Contemporary German writers (28 November 2018, toghether with the Goethe Institut in București)
Meetings and conferencesEdit
- CEllen, Gikü and Strainu participated in Wikimania 2018 in Cape Town - etherpad with notes
- The Anniversary meeting of Romanian Wikimedians - 15 years of Romanian Wikipedia (September 29th) has seen extensive international participation and limited participation from the community
- CEllen, Gikü and Macreanu Iulian participated in the CEE Meeting 2018; Iulian had a presentation about targeted projects.
- Strainu had a talk about Wikipedia at a geo-spatial seminar in Bucharest (October 12th)
- Iulian and another Romanian Wikipedian participated in the Eastern European Editathon in Sofia (9-10 November)
While we have not done any classic GLAM work, we have participated in the 1Lib1Ref campaigns with editathons in București (January 20th) and Chișinău (January 20th). As part of the WLM 2018 project, we have attempted a collaboration with the National Heritage Institute in Romania.