Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2018/Programme/Submission/Targeted projects - an effective tool for attracting new editors. WMROMD experience
Title of your proposalEdit
- Targeted educational projects - an effective tool for attracting new editors. WMROMD experience.
Name(s) and/or username(s)Edit
- Strategic discussions:
- Increasing the level of cooperation on the level of communities.
- Attracting new editors and creating comfortable conditions for them.
- Developments of small communities.
- Outreach, particularly in education.
Type of submission (Please choose one)Edit
- Presentation with discussion (one-to-many + Q&A)
The aim of the presentation is to share the lessons identified and learnt by the WMROMD, in order to outline some ways to use targeted educational projects for developing the skills of the existing editors and to attract new ones.
The main topics that will be touched:
- design and conduct of a targeted project
- using the synergies with similar projects of the beneficiaries
- pro-activity and focusing on the partners needs
- a ”win-win-win approach” strategy (teachers-students-Wikipedia)
- promoting Wikipedia as an easy-approaching and reliable partner for conducting projects related to digital education
- initiate an open discussion on the possible use of this instrument in the future projects
Duration (without Q&A)Edit
- 20 minutes
- Power-Point presentation