Wikimedians of Nepal user group is a community (Proposed Non-profit Charitable Organization) formed with the objectives of support, promote and develop free educational materials (media) in various languages spoken in Nepal including the lingua franca Nepali Language. The charity will not have any control over the content of Wikipedia and other Wiki project although it will support Wikipedia, a free encyclopedia and its sister projects as well as other activities to expand the production, distribution and use of open knowledge.
The community has been set up since 17th July, 2010 and now has been recognized by the WMF as "Wikimedians of Nepal User Group. It is in process of getting affiliation from the Wikimedia Foundation and registration in the District Administration Office (Kathmandu) Nepal. Active contributors from Nepali Wikipedia, media persons and people working in open source community are working in the ac-hoc committee of Wikimedia Nepal.
Разделы Википедии на языках Непала
|Nepali||ne||31 340||105 420||1 124 565||6||61 633||112|
|Maithili||mai||13 727||40 154||232 528||5||12 577||35|
|Bhojpuri||bh||8281||71 849||737 651||2||31 696||48|
|Nepal Bhasa (Newari)||new||72 348||166 379||865 857||2||25 970||15|
|Sanskrit||sa||11 967||72 189||474 447||4||37 029||41|
|Doteli||dty||3322||19 679||238 371||3||5918||19|
Present Working Committee
The current Working Committee consists of following people.
- Nirmal Dulal – Nirmal Dulal (talk • contribs • email)
- Nabin Sapkota – Nabin K. Sapkota (talk • contribs • email)
- Biplab Anand – Biplab Anand (talk • contribs • email)
- Nirjal Shrestha – Nirjal stha (talk • contribs • email)
- Nirajan Pant – Nirajan pant (talk • contribs • email)
- Punyashwari Prajapati – Punya (talk • contribs • email)
- Tulsi Bhagat – Tulsi Bhagat (talk • contribs • email)
- Sandip Niraula – Ozonesn (talk • contribs • email)
- Prabina Karki – Prabina Karki (talk • contribs • email)
- Kiran Kumar Sah – IamTrendsetter (talk • contribs • email)
- Wikimedians of Nepal recognition – May 2013
- Mailing list - firstname.lastname@example.org (Subscribe here)
- Website - ne.wikipedia.org (Visit here)