Wikimedians of Kerala/Annual Report 2018-19
Wikimedians of Kerala Annual Report 2018-19
Here is the annual report of Wikimedians of Kerala User Group for the period 2018-19.
The User group came into existance on the month of October 2018. We had some plan about conducting some events from September 2019. We started a website in the domain www.wikimediakerala.in for updates. In last year we got two rapid grants from Wikimedia Foundation. One is used to organize our annual meeting Wikisangamotsavam 2018 and a second grant was used to conduct a series of events related to Wikidata in Engineering Colleges across Kerala. We successfully organized the programmes and we got approval from the Grants team.
Wikisangamotsavam 2018 was the first annual meetup of Wikimedians of Kerala User Group. The conference happened from 19th January 2019 to 21st January 2019 at Kodungallur, Thrissur District, Kerala, India. Associated with the conference we organized some workshops at the schools and colleges around Kodungallur. Detailed Report here.
Wiki Loves Muziris 2018
Wiki Loves Muziris was a GLAM initiative taken by Wikimedians of Kerala User Group to document the Muziris project, History of Muziris, Artifacts found in Pattanam excavation by Kerala Council for Historical Research. 30 people participated the event and 647 photographs uploaded into Commons.
Kochi Art And Feminism 2019
Wikipedia Training and Art+Feminism Wikipedia Edit-a-thon hosted at Kerala Museum as part of International Women's Day 2019. Art+Feminism is an annual worldwide edit-a-thon to add content to Wikipedia about female artists started in 2014. The event is a global initiative to reduce the gender gap on Wikipedia by improving content and contributions on ‘women in the arts’.
Kerala university wikimedia workshop 2018
A 4-day training workshop in Wikimedia projects was happened at Kerala university Karyavattom Campus from 16th December 2018 to 20th December 2018. The workshop covered major Wikimedia projects like Wikipedia, Wikisource, Wiktionary, Wikiquotes etc. The participants are Postgraduate students and research scholars at Malayalam Department in the University. This workshop happened as a part of the National workshop on Malayalam Computing.
Wikidata WikiProject Kerala
A dedicated Wikiproject was initiated by the user group to add and improve data related to Kerala. The User Group organized a number of events to introduce wikidata to engineering college students. We organized data-a-thons to improve content in Wikidata related to Kerala.Details can be found here.
Report of activities: 2018-19
- Hockey Edit a thon at thrissur on 6 October 2018.
- Wikidata Sixth Birthday - Onsite Editathon and Birthday Party at Kerala Sasthra Sahthya Parishad State Office on 29th October, 2018.
- Wikidata:Sixth_Birthday event @New Delhi, on 29th October, 2018
- Malayalam Wikipedia 60000 Celebration at Kollam on November 10, 2018
- Malayalam Wikipedia 16th Birthday Celebraton - 21st December 2018
- Kerala university wikimedia workshop 2018 - 16th December 2018 to 20th December 2018.
- Wikisangamotsavam 2018 organizing committee meeting - 1st December 2018 at Govt. Girls HSS Kodungallur.
- Introduction to Wikipedia at Government Higher Secondary School, Mathirappilly on 14th January 2019
- Introduction to Wikipedia at Kodungallur Kunjikuttan Thampuran Memorial Government College, Pullut on 14th January 2019
- Introduction to Wikipedia at Block Resource Centre, Kodungallur on 14th January 2019
- Introduction to Wikipedia at Women's Polytechnic College, Nedupuzha on 16th January 2019
- Wikisangamotsavam 2018 - 19th January 2018 to 21st January 2018
- Introduction to Wikipedia at Government Boys Higher Secondary School, Kodungallur on 26th January 2019
- Introduction to Wikipedia at Government Higher Secondary School, Chowara on 29th January 2019
Wiki Loves Muziris
- Wiki Loves Muziris - Photowalk Event on 5th January 2019
- Wiki Loves Muziris - Second Photowalk Event on 13th January 2019
- Wiki Loves Muziris - Third Photowalk Event on 21st January 2019
- Wikimedia Introduction - Exhibition and stall at Dhishna Tech Fest at Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi on 3rd February 2019
- Introduction to Wikipedia at Eranad Knowledge City, Manjeri on 4th February 2019
- Wikidata Workshop at St. Joseph's College of Engineering and Technology, Palai, Bharananganam on 7th February 2019
- Introduction to Wikipedia at Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit, Kalady on 8th Febraury 2019
- Introduction to Wikipedia at Govt Engineering College Palakkad, Sreekrishnapuram on 8th February 2019
- Wikidata Workshop at Government Engineering College, Thrissur on 13th February 2019
- Introduction to Wikipedia at Farook College, Kozhikkode on 14th February 2019
- Introduction to Wikipedia at Ahalia School of Engineering and Technology, Palakkad on 15th February 2019
- Wikidata Workshop at Government Engineering College, Idukki on 16th February 2019
- Introduction to Wikipedia and Wikidata at College of Engineering, Karunagappally on 17th February 2019
- Photowalk at Vidya Academy of Science And Technology,Thrissur on 2nd March 2019
- Open Data Day Celebration and Wikimedia Commons Contribution Programme at Thiruvananthapuram on 2nd March 2019
- Data-thon on Wikidata at Parisarakendram, Thrissur 2nd March 2019
- Open Data Day Celebration and Wikimedia Commons Contribution Programme at SJCET Palai on 2nd March 2019
- Introduction to Wikipedia and SVG Translation Workshop at Sree Ayyappa College Eramallikkara, Chengannur on 2nd March 2019.
- Introduction to Wikidata at Vidya Academy of Science and Technology, Thrissur on 4th March 2019
- Kochi Art And Feminism 2019 event at Kerala History Museum, Pathadippalam, Kochi, Kerala, India on 9th March 2019
- Introduction to Wikidata at Rajagiri School of Engineering & Technology, Kakkanad, Kochi on 15th March 2019
- Photowalk at Charithramalika, Thiruvananthapuram on 14 May 2019
- Wikidata Seventh Birthday - Birthday Party at Sayahna Foundation, Thiruvananthapuram 29th October, 2019.