Wikimedia Foundation Governance Wiki/da
|Wikimedia Foundation staff and contractors participate with the volunteer community in maintaining this page's content.|
Screenshot of Wikimedia Foundation Governance Wiki
|Managed by||On-wiki documentation working group|
|Launched||30 July 2018|
|Version||1.0 (30 July 2018)|
The Wikimedia Foundation Governance Wiki (at foundation.wikimedia.org and based on the wiki previously known as Foundation Wiki) is the wiki where the Wikimedia Foundation makes publicly available governance materials.
Development and maintenance
The wiki is maintained by Wikimedia Foundation staff and contractors, with support from Wikimedia volunteers. The On-wiki documentation working group oversees the wiki's overall non-technical operations. Most content is managed by either the Communications or Legal departments within the Wikimedia Foundation.
This page is outdated, but if it was updated, it might still be useful. Please help by correcting, augmenting and revising the text into an up-to-date form.
Note: At least the SUL part seems to have been done in early November 2021.
The Wikimedia Foundation Communications department is working on a future setup for Governance Wiki which will:
- Allow login to the wiki via the Single User Login (SUL) setup
- Allow any registered accounts to edit talk pages to facilitate discussions of wiki content
- Allow any registered account to translate content on the wiki
- Restrict editing in main namespaces to approved staff accounts
Goals of future plans
The primary goals of these changes are to:
- Allow for increased participation by already engaged community members than current setup on Governance Wiki permits
- Facilitate discussion of content on Governance Wiki
- Eliminate usage of unique accounts on Governance Wiki and allow Single User Login (SUL)
- Allow for translation of Governance Wiki content into languages other than English
- Reduce number of duplicate pages on Meta-Wiki of Governance Wiki pages which were created to facilitate discussions or translations
- Limited liability of editing wiki content to Wikimedia Foundation
The wiki's content includes Wikimedia Foundation governance and legal materials, such as:
- Board of Trustees documentation
- Legal documentation
- Security documentation
- Policies approved by the Board of Trustees or Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director
The Wikimedia Foundation Governance Wiki was created on 30 July 2018 based on the wiki installation previously used for the Wikimedia Foundation website.