How can we help you?
About this page
- This page is for discussing foundation.wikimedia.org, the Wikimedia Foundation Governance Wiki. If you have questions or problems related to Wikimedia fundraising or your donation please email donatewikimedia.org.
- The comments you enter here are publicly viewable, editable, and deletable. If you would prefer to give private feedback about the Wikimedia Foundation Governance Wiki, Wikimedia volunteers can be emailed at infowikimedia.org.
- Inquiries about a particular Wikimedia project, like a comment about English Wikipedia, are expected to go directly to that wiki. Such comments may simply be removed from this page.
- You will not receive a reply by email for any feedback given on this page. Instead, feedback will be dealt with by knowledgeable volunteers. Responses below are from individual Wikimedians and have no official approval from the Foundation.
- All languages are welcome here, however English inquiries are expected to be replied to more quickly.
The Finnish translation was imported from Meta in 2015 and hasn't been updated since. I don't see value in keeping another copy of the ToU translation on an "external" website (as it is a closed wiki), where volunteers can't maintain it. It might make sense for the bigger languages suchs as German and French, but Finnish is such a small language and it's quite random to have a translation of it there. If it's not possible to link to the Meta translation from the Foundation wiki, I think it's better to not have any translation there. kyykaarme (talk) 17:15, 25 February 2023 (UTC)
- Just to be clear - volunteers can indeed maintain the translations on Governance Foundation Wiki now - so you are welcome to help improve the Finnish translation of the ToU or any other language. Thank you! --Gregory Varnum (Wikimedia Foundation) [he/him] (talk) 15:11, 13 April 2023 (UTC)