Wikimedia Diversity Conference 2017/Skill sharing 3
|Main||Program||Scholarships||Ambassadors||Volunteers||Participants||Venue and visa||Travel guide||Discussion||Documentation|
Skill sharing session 3:
Accessing resources to increase diversityEdit
This session will be about what strategies Wikimedians need in order to use resources in a way that strengthens diversity. Resources and grants are good because they can help focus on targets, but also bad because there's not enough for everything, and they can come at the cost of diversity and reproduce homogenous environments. How can we satisfy the needs of all groups when our resources are relatively small and limited? How do Wikimedians deal with conflicts and tradeoffs related to resource allocation?
Welcome & IntroducionsEdit
- Jorid, 2 min
Icebreaker expansive thinking on resourcesEdit
- What are resources? Individual brainstorm & report back - Marti, 10 mins
resources we need - examplesEdit
- introduce framing, suggest thinking about this as a specific project - Marti, 1 min
- Example of lack of monetary resources - story of Bangladesh monetary resources - Afifa, 5 mins
- WMNO Saami language skills - Astrid, 5 mins
resources we needEdit
- What resources do we need - Katy, 10 mins (Groups of 3)
- Brainstorm strategies for securing those resources - Katy, 15 mins (Groups)
- Report back (if time allows)
- Funding/Community Resources that are available
- Thank you--this is the start of a conversation.
- Learning pattern!
Based on the Etherpad from the session and the post-its, a learning pattern will be written by session participants and shared on Meta. Are you interested in helping write the learning pattern? Please reach out to Astrid Carlsen.
- Afifa Afrin, Wikimedia Bangladesh
- Jorid Martinsen, Wikimedia Norge
- Astrid Carlsen, Wikimedia Norge
- Katy Love, Wikimedia Foundation
- Marti Johnson, Wikimedia Foundation