Wikimedia Conference 2017/Travel and Hotel Booking Information
|WMCON 2017||Core Conference Program||Fringe Events||Registration & Participants
General booking process informationEdit
Depending on which participants’ group you belong to, the hotel and travel booking process varies. Please check the eligibility table, showing each affiliate's eligibility status, group belonging and the respective booking process.
Travel and hotel bookings will be managed as follows:
- Group 1: Representatives of chapters, thematic organizations and user groups with an annual plan grant (APG). Participants from this group have to arrange and pay for their travel and accommodation individually.
- Group 2: Representatives of chapters, thematic organizations and user groups which don’t receive funding via an annual plan grant (APG). The WMF travel department will arrange the travel and WMDE will do the hotel booking based on the information provided in the registration form.
- Group 3: Representatives of the WMF board, FDC, AffCom or WMF staff. Travel and accommodation for this group will be organized by WMF travel department based on the information provided in the registration form.
- Group 4: Additional representatives from eligible affiliates who would otherwise have only one representative in Berlin, Individual community members who come from underrepresented communities and who have demonstrated project or community leadership, as well as community Stewards, to participate in the strategy track. The WMF travel department will arrange the travel and WMDE will do the hotel booking based on the information provided in the registration form.
Hotel booking informationEdit
WMDE has blocked a high number of single and twin bed rooms at Mercure Hotel Berlin Tempelhof Airport. For all conference participants the earliest arrival date is Thursday, March 30, latest departure date is Monday, April 03, 2017. Further rooms as of Tuesday, March 28, have been reserved for the participants of the pre-conference workshops.
The following room types are reserved for group 1, which have to book and pay their hotel individually:
- Single room: 88,00 € per room/night
- Twin bed room: 114 € per room/night (57,00 € per person)
All rooms include Wifi and breakfast and have their own bathroom.
The deadline for booking your hotel room is Friday, February 10, 2017. Rooms are only blocked until that date. We cannot guarantee any availability after this deadline.
Please only use the WMCON17-specific hotel booking form for making a reservation. Your credit card details need to be provided within this form to make a firm booking.
Please note that free cancellation of individually booked rooms is only possible until 14 days before your arrival.
Based on the accommodation needs that are provided in the registration forms, WMDE will arrange the hotel room booking for group 2. All rooms include Wifi and breakfast and have their own bathroom.
As accommodation is funded by a grant for this group and we are trying to keep expenses down, please be aware that you will need to share a twin bed room. If you do not feel comfortable sharing a room, please indicate your reasons (especially disability requirements) in the comment field on accommodation in the registration form.
In the registration form, you can name a person you would like to share the twin bed room with. We will try our best to fulfill your wish. Please note that preference is given to those persons that have matching arrival and departure dates due to cost efficiencies.
Based on the accommodation needs stated in the registration form of group 3 participants, WMF’s travel department will book and pay the hotel rooms. All rooms include Wifi and breakfast and have their own bathroom.
Travel booking informationEdit
As the expenses related to WMCON17 are covered via the annual plan grant (APG), participants of group 1 will need to book and pay for their own travel.
Group 2 and 3Edit
The travel department of the WMF will assist group 2 and 3 with their travel booking. The information given in the registration form will serve WMF to propose and send a travel plan. Please make sure to confirm this travel plan within 24 hours. Only then, the actual flight ticket is booked.
If you are in need of a visa, please note that WMF will only book your flight after the notification of your successful visa completion. For this reason, it is crucial that you inform us via firstname.lastname@example.org that the visa is approved and you accept the proposed travel plan, which has been sent to you after your registration by the travel team.
If you have chosen a bus or train as travel means, the WMF travel department will also contact you with further instructions on how to proceed.