Translations of this page: Wikipedia_COTW/Help
This collaboration of the week is active as of Monday, April 4, 2005.
Goal: To create a coherent standard multilingual help for the MediaWiki software which runs all "Meta" projects.
- Before you start writing your Help, make sure there is a "Help" namespace in your language here on Meta (see #Wikipedia below). If not, put it in the list of open Meta requests, and Eloquence will set it up for you.
- Create a table of contents at your local equivalent of Help:Meta.
- Import help pages from Wikipedia. Be sure to respect the GNU FDL when doing so, e.g.:
- This page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. It is based on the page Wikipedia:How to edit a page on the Tiếng Việt Wikipedia
- Remove Wikipedia-specific (or even Wikimedia-specific) references. Make sure that all links pointing outside the documentation are external links, so the help can be copied into any wiki without necessarily having InterWiki prefixes set up.
- Make sure that all pages share a standard header and footer template that can be used for custom text.
- All images should begin with a prefix: "Help_English_", "Hilfe_Deutsch_", etc., so that all images belonging to the help can be easily located.
The following namespaces are prepared for help pages in the various languages. Separate namespaces make it possible to use a script to extract all help pages in one language, so they can be copied and imported easily.
Language Help Vietnames Talk Help contents --------------------------------------------------------------------------- English Help Help_talk Help:Contents German Hilfe Hilfe_Diskussion Hilfe:Inhalt French Aide Discussion_Aide Aide:Contenu Danish Hjælp Hjælp_diskussion Hjælp:Indhold Esperanto Helpo Helpa_diskuto Swedish Hjälp Hjälp_diskussion Spanish Ayuda Ayuda_Discusión Ayuda:Contenido Italian Aiuto Discussioni_aiuto Aiuto:Sommario Chinese 帮助 帮助 对话 帮助:目录 Japanese ヘルプ ヘルプ‐ノート Dutch NL_Help Overleg_help NL_Help:Inhoudsopgave Polish Pomoc Dyskusja_pomocy Pomoc:Spis treści Portuguese Ajuda Ajuda_Discussão Ajuda:Página principal Russian Помощь Помощь_Дискуссия Помощь:Содержание Norsk Hjelp Hjelp_diskusjon Hjelp:Innhold
Open "Meta" requests - these will be set up soon:
Please put non-existent namespaces here and not in the above list - preferably the name is the same as on local projects; however, additional identifiers like "CA" and "NL" have to be used if the namespace name already exists, for a clear separation in the database.
Catalan CA_Ajuda CA_Ajuda_Discussió (does not work:) CA_Ajuda:Contingut Finnish Ohje Keskustelu_ohjeesta Serbian Помоћ Помоћ_Разговор Помоћ:Садржај Irish Cabhair Plé_cabhrach Cabhair:Clár ábhair Estonian Juhend Juhendi_arutelu Juhend:Sisukord Hungarian Segítség Segítség_vita Segítség:Tartalom Afrikaans Hulp Hulp_bespreking Hulp:Inhoud
Votes and participants edit
The following people supported this collaboration of the week. If you would like, you can indicate what you are willing to do next to your username.
- Eloquence 08:15, 17 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- silsor 02:31, Mar 19, 2005 (UTC)
- MilesTeg 23:29, 20 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- MichaelDiederich 13:55, 21 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Kpjas 17:42, 21 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Estel 18:29, 21 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Angela 02:23, 23 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Nsh 03:00, 23 Mar 2005 (UTC) (Replaced anon sig, silly cookies)
- Waerth 04:02, 23 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- jimcognito50324 Z 10:23
- Fito leave me a message 18:52, 25 Mar 2005 (UTC) I'm willing to translate the (improved) help pages from English to Spanish once we're done with our goals.
- Gkhan 15:34, 27 Mar 2005 (UTC) (replacing anon sig, had forgot to log into wikimedia)
- Minh Nguyễn (talk, blog) – Vietnamese community will be willing to help. – 03:20, 31 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- François Obada 10:01, 4 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- DCLXVI 12:31, 4 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- Sasa Stefanovic 16:54, 4 Apr 2005 (UTC) , Serbian Wiki will try to help
- Peleguer 10:59, 6 Apr 2005 (UTC), English and Valencian help
- Datrio 13:46, 9 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- Inter 16:27, 9 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- Guria 08:34, 14 Apr 2005 (UTC) Russian Help
- TheDJ 09:55, 22 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- Patrick 10:17, 22 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- AnyFile 15:56, 27 Apr 2005 (UTC) Italian Help, also ccordination of internationalization
- le Korrigan bla 19:08, 26 May 2005 (UTC) possibly some "Google" translation. I'm late... never mind ?
- Meta: Help with English-Tiếng Việt translation
- --Renier Maritz 09:27, 3 August 2006 (UTC): Help with Afrikaans -Tiếng Việt translation
- --Rpissardini 13:39, 6 November 2006 (UTC)Help with English-Tiếng Việt translation.