Wikimedia CEE 2014Edit
Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2014 was the third annual meeting of Wikimedians from Central and Eastern Europe. It took place in Kyiv, Ukraine on 19—21 December 2014 and was organized by Wikimedia Ukraine. The main goal of CEE is to fortify interstate and international collaboration between various Wikimedia chapters, thematic organisations, user groups and other communities in Central and East Europe and its regions.
There were two participants from Armenia - Susanna Mkrtchyan and Arsen Harutyunyan. Susanna Mkrtchyan, the president of WM AM moderated 2 sections Freedom of panorama, WikiCamp and co-moderated How to organize a workshop/training, Gender gap sections at CEE. Arsen Harutyunyan is one of the organizers of Armenian Wikicamps.
- More photos here
One Armenian, one articleEdit
Presentation in the Ministry of Nature Protection RAEdit
In May 2014 Wikimedia Armenia started a national campaign entitled One Armenian, One Article, which is being fronted by government ministers, musicians and journalists, and encourages Armenians to each write at least one entry for the online encyclopedia to “enrich it” with more information on the country, and the things that matter most to its people.
Another meeting in this campaign was organized at Ministry of Nature Protection on 24th December. The introduction meeting was lead by Mher Bekaryan. The ministry staff were introduced to Wikipedia and wikiprojects, were taught some basics of wikiediting. Mher also spoke about wikimovement in general, about Wikimedia Armenia and its projects. The minister of Nature Protection Aramayis Grigoryan, expressed desire to join the One Armenian, one article campaign and edit an article on Armenian Wikipedia.
Wikipedia Education ProgramEdit
Workshop at School №198Edit
In order to increase the number of schools in Wikipedia Education Program of Armenia, WM AM undertook series of introduction workshops at different educational institutions of Armenia. High school №198 is situated in Yerevan, Nor Nork district. Mher Bekaryan and David Minasyan had an introduction workshop on 23 December during which Mher and David presented the Wikipedia Education Program to teachers. An attempt was made to involve these teachers in the education program. 12 teachers of the school participated in this event.
Wiki loves scienceEdit
Workshop with YSU RGL SSSEdit
On December 5, 2014 WM AM organized a workshop for Student scientific society of Yerevan State University Romance and Germanic philology faculty. The workshop was appointed by WM AM volunteers Grigor Baghdasaryan and Norayr Mirakyan, 7 members of society participated.
- Camp preparations
- December 1 - Defining dates for the camp (7-11 January),
- December 2-5 - Finding appropriate place (Aghveran, Voske getak rest house). Susanna Mkrtchyan met rest house's manager and made appointments for forthcoming Wikicamp.
- December 3-6 - Organization team forming. Organization team divided into 3 groups.
- Financial and technical team - Susanna Mkrtchyan, Arsen Harutyunyan.
- Wiki team - Lilit Tarkhanyan, David Saroyan, Mher Bekaryan, Dato Abuladze.
- Team leaders group - Nazeli Kamsaryan, Nune Nadiryan, Diana Simonyan, Anna Hovsepyan, Syuzanna Petrosyan.
- Wiki team decided targeted Wikimedia projects and aims of the project.
- Wiktionary - Teach editing tools, improve existing words, expand Wiktionary use and inclusion in Education Program.
- Wikipedia - Teach and improve editing tools skills, improve articles according to daily themes,
- Improve translation skills of campers (concentrate mainly on the article translations of English and Russian Wikipedias)
- Teach campers Armenian national songs and dances.
- December 5 - Creation of Wikicamp pages on Wikipedia and Wiktionary. (See pages on Wikipedia and Wiktionary)
- December 6 - Winter Wikicamp announcement by Facebook, Wikiclubs and Wikipedia (using site notice), writing the schedule of the Wikicamp
- December 5-10 - Wikicamp banner and badges were created.
- December 8-20 - Acceptance of the applications for the camp. Application processing was on the wikipedia subpage. Anyone could apply for the camp by signing on the subpage.
- December 10- WM AM president Susanna Mkrtchyan met and arranged with The Naregatsi Ensemble solist Anush Stepanyan to teach the participants national songs during the camp.
- December 11 - Press conference at Wikimedia Armenia Office
- December 12-26 - Wiki team created lists of proposed articles, divided them into themes, groups.
- December 24 - After the applying process finished Wiki team chose free participants on the base of their contributions in the last 4 months (Wikimetrics was used) and invited them to participate in Wikicamp without any fee (i.e. WM AM paid for them). The rest of the participants were suggested to participate in the camp by paying fee of about 90$ (45 000 AMD). The list of free participants can be found here. We had 7 payable and 41 free campers.
- December 27 - meeting the parents of the campers
- January 5-6 - The group leaders phoned the participants to inform in which group they were going to be and where to gather on January 7.
- January 7-11 - Winter Wikicamp 2015
- Armenian wiki increased its position during Winter Wikicamp, Aravot newspaper, 11.01.2015hy
- Wikimedia Armenia organized a Wikicamp in Aghveran, News.am, 13.01.2015hy
- Winter wikicamp in Aghveran, panorama.am, 13,01,2015hy
- Efficiency - Armenian Wikipedia, 14.01.2015, ArmeniaTVhy
- Aysor.am, Winter Wikicamp