Wikimania 2015 bids/Cape Town/Tours
Wikimania 2015 candidate cities:
Arusha | Bali | Cape Town | Dar es Salaam | Esino Lario | Mexico City | Monastir
Our idea: Vision • Venue • Budget • Self Evaluation
Our city: Cape Town • Accommodation • Diversity
Your story: Join our team • Holiday options
Wikimedia South Africa will provide the attendees with various entertainment and educational options:
- Township tour
- Experience the vibrant urban reality that is the lived reality of a large number of Cape Town's (and increasingly Africa's) population.
- Wine route tour
- Tour of the Vineyards on the outskirts of Cape Town to taste some of South Africa's best wines and beautiful historic estates.
- "Visit the penguins" tour
- Day trip to Simon's Town (home to one of the largest penguin colonies in Africa) on a Class 24 steam loco.
- Museum tour
- Iziko Museum Tour: a walking tour of museums and historical places in and around Cape Town's city centre.
- Cape Point tour
- Tour of the Cape Peninsular and nature reserve.
- Robben Island tour
- Tour of Robben Island Museum.
- Garden tour
- Back door pass to the South African National Biodiversity Institute at Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden.
- "Can you see it?" tour
- 2-day tour to the site of Square Kilometre Array outside Carnarvon in the Northern Cape.
- "Sour legs" tour
- Guided hike up Table Mountain or Lion's Head (weather depending)
- "Yes you can do it!" tour
- tour to the Bloukransbridge bungee
Want to organise your own tour? Let us know!