Wikigraphists Bootcamp (2018 India)/Follow-up Survey (Aug 2019)
Wikigraphists Bootcamp was organised to train the Wikimedians in and around India on vector graphics by using Inkscape to work with SVG files. Post 6-month after Wikigraphists Bootcamp a follow-up survey was conducted to understand the impact of the program, and to explore further training needed to the participants. This survey was conducted after the the SVG Translation Campaign 2019 in India which was conducted to create awareness of importance of Vector graphics in Wikimedia projects to community members in India.
Insights and responsesEdit
Does the Participants take part in the STC 2019Edit
How often the Participants used the skills learnedEdit
Does the Participants try to fulfill requests at the Graphics LabEdit
Does the Participants used skills learned in their tasksEdit
- I would like to have more advanced training on vector graphics in the areas of maps and infographics.
- Tracing Jpg, XML markup language, python scripting.
- Tools similar to Inkscape and other tools for editing.
- I would like to get a deeper insight into the subject and learn about complex diagrams e. g. Statistical ones, etc.
- Animated SVG, more controls in shades, shapes and lyers.
- Advance skills in SVG with specific theme such as Maps and animated SVG