WikiGap Nigeria Online Challenge/Results
- 23 competitors with actual edits (almost 40 signed up)
- 571 new articles created
- 697 articles improved.
- More than 500 Wikidata objects created or improved
- Edits made in 18 languages.
- Editors have contributed 11,214,117 bytes, or roughly 11,2 megabytes.
Final Top 15Edit
- M-Mustapha, 2,769.5 points. 94 new articles created in Hausa and English languages. Several points from Wikidata entries.
- Sunday Tonics, 5,173 points. 122 new articles created in Indonesian with others improved in English.
- Anasskoko, 3,693 points. 99 new articles created in Hausa with others improved in Igbo and English languages.
- Oby Ezeilo, 2,578.5 points. 46 new articles created in Igbo and English languages with others improved in igbo and English languages. Several points from Wikidata entries.
- Meenakshi nandhini, 2,549 points. 47 new articles created in Malayalam with others improved in English.
- Lordgentual, 823.5 points. 63 new articles created with in English and Yoruba languages with others improved in Hausa, English and Indonesian languages.
- Affabuzzamen, 741 points. 22 new articles created in Bangla language.
- Omoladeabidemi99, 441 points. 15 new articles created in English and Yoruba languages.
- Dsp13, 367 points. 20 new articles created in English language.
- MubarakSulayman, 168 points. 6 new articles created in English language.
- Mujinga, 164 points. 10 new articles created in English language.
- Victuallers, 154.5 points. 9 new articles created in English language.
- Tochi Precious, 118 points. 5 new articles created in Igbo language.
- Ptinphusmia, 81.5 points. 2 new articles created in English language
- Adenekanfauziyah, 32.5 points. 1 new articles created in English with others improved in English language.
For the sake of transparency, a seperate team of reviewers was constituted to compute the above scores. And they are:
The challenge depends on a number of quantitative rules. There is, however, one final and qualitative rule, that reads: "The organizers have the final say in the scoring of the contributions, and will clarify the rules and points if needed. Please note that the aim is to improve Wikipedia with high quality articles, so any content of low quality that has been added will lose points or even result in a ban from the contest, if the organizers so decide."
The organizers have gone through the articles of the top 15, trying to weigh in on the qualitative aspect. There are quite a few examples where heavy tables with loads of references have been introduced, rather than actual content and also articles created in various language Wikipedia where no refernces was added for new article. We believe this to be in violation of the rule above, and weighed down these contributions, by either giving points in relation to the prose size (using this script), or cancel some. This means that the final top 15 does not correspond to the top 15 on the self-scoring list. Any questions around this can be put to the organizers
It is also important to note that our first prize goes to the user who has the highest number of created articles on the English Wikipedia accoding to our rule of atleast 70% in English and since no partipant in the top 5 paseed that, we decided and awarded it to the partipant with the highest number of created articles on the English wikipedia
Any questions around this can be put to the organizers.