How to register
All you have to do join this contest is to add your username under Participants with a link to your home language user page; then, when you create or improve pages in English languages, come back here and add a link to each page under your name, with the score you claim. To register, please follow the format of the Example below. Also, take a look at our scoring system below. Please add the hashtag #WikiGapNigeria in your edit summary, to make it easy for us to find your contributions.
You are responsible for counting your own points. Here's how to do it:
- +0.5 point for each image added to a Wikipedia article about women in English language (including your own photos).
- +0.5 point for each corresponding Wikidata item that you create or improve about women.
- +1 point for each +1,000 bytes of added content to a new Wikipedia article in English language about women.
- +1 point for each new source you add to an existing Wikipedia article in English language about women.
- +1 point for each new source you add to an existing Wikidata object about women.
- +20 points if you create one of the bonus articles in a English language.
- +25 points for a Good Article in English language.
- +50 points for a Featured Article in English language.
The points are cumulative.
The organizers have the final say in the scoring of the contributions, and will clarify the rules and points if needed. Please note that the aim is to improve Wikipedia with high quality articles, so any content of low quality that has been added will lose points or even result in a ban from the contest, if the organizers so decide.
The points are simply here to make this more fun. Even if you do not join the Challenge to win we would love to learn about your work after the event, so please highlight it here. Your contribution is valuable in itself and with each edit you help make Wikipedia better.
- If you add 3,600 bytes of content to an existing article, you get 3 points.
- If you add a 3,600 bytes of wikitext (templates, infoboxes, citations) to an existing article, you get 3 points.
- If you are the main editor of a new Featured article with e.g. 153,000 bytes of content written by you… you get 153 points for the bytes, and 50 points (and our eternal gratitude :-) for reaching the Featured article status.
If you are a new Wikipedia editor, first of all, welcome! We suggest that you take a look at Wikipedia Translation guidelines and the introduction to Wikipedia. That will make it easier to get going! When you start writing, the Manual of Style might be of help. These links go to Wikipedia in English, but all these pages are available in many languages. When you visit them, please have a look on the left-hand side (under "Languages") and see if they exist in your language as well. Every language version of Wikipedia is unique, with its own community and its own conventions, so it's good to have a look at the rules.
Contributing to Wikipedia is easier now than ever before and you don't really have to learn any code! Please have a look at Wikipedia:VisualEditor for more information.
List of articles created and edited
- Humuani_Alaga update article
- Oyin_Oladejo edited article
- Purity_Ada_Uchechukwu updated article
- Chikwenye_Okonjo_Ogunyemi updated article
- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Bukky658/sandbox/Abdulrahim_Neemat_Daud created article
- [] Humuani Alaga Wikidata
- [] created a wikidata for Abdulrahim Neemat Daud
- [] created wiki data for Mrs. Toun Oyelude
- Isoken_Ogiemwonyi edited article
Uncle Bash007 (talk) 19:56, 24 March 2021 (UTC)
Wiki data item
- [] Aralola Olamuyiwa
- [] Yvonne Akuabata Ogbuogu
- [] Wangi Mba Uzoukwu
- [] Ade Laoye
- [] Bukola Folayan
- [] Mercy Isop
- [] Lovette Shade Awode
- [] Carphee Azeez
- [] Tosin Pedro
- [] Mimi Ubini
- [] Cynthia Ezekiels
- [] Nicky Coppola
- [] Brycee Adiah Melanie Bassey
- [] Omowumi Abe
- [] Faith Edorodion
- Adewale Laoye 2624 bytes,new article= 2points
- Olufunke Adekoya 7,235 bytes = 3points
- Dorothy Ufot 5,221 bytes =25points
- Ayoka Olufunmilayo Adebambo 3,595 bytes =25points
(talk) 9:13 9 April 2021 (UTC)
Articles Created and Edited
- Awazi Angbalaga created article
- Grace Ebun Delano updated article
- Amaka Igwe updated article
- Mercy Abang
- Mimi Onalaja
Articles Created and Edited
- Enobong Akpabio
- Audrey Joe-Ezigbo
- Otonye Iworima
- Ibiyinka Afuwape
- Peju Layiwola
- Peju Alatise
- Cynthia Mosunmola Umoru
- Joana Maduka
- Cecilia Ibru
Wikidata items inclusive