विकीअधिवेशन भारत २०२३
28 – 30 April, 2023
|Home||Translation Buddy||Pre-Conference||Program||Connect||Team||Friendly Space Policy||FAQs|
|WikiConference India 2023 Updates
WikiConference India 2023 was a national-level conference that provided a common platform for Wikimedians and stakeholders interested in Indic-language Wikimedia projects and other aspects related to the movement in India and a few South Asian regions. This was a space to meet, connect, and share, stories, learnings, best practices, and challenges and discuss the future strategy as a region. The conference happened in Hyderabad on 28‒30 April 2023.
Theme of WCI 2023
The theme for this iteration of WikiConference India was Strengthening bonds. This conference was an opportunity for community members in a few South Asian regions to reconnect, share their ideas or experiences with each other, and collaborate for the development of their communities.
Background and purpose
WikiConference India was first organized in 2011 in Mumbai and then again in 2016 in Chandigarh. Although the third conference was planned to take place in 2020, it had to be called off due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The conference of 2023 aimed to bring Wikimedia community members across India and other Indic communities from the South Asia region to improve cross-community connections and exchange knowledge and experience. The broad goals of WikiConference India 2023 are:
- to promote, develop, strengthen, and support the collaboration between Wikimedia users, projects, communities, affiliates, and stakeholders in the region.
- to support sharing the knowledge, experience and best practices among participants, and offer a space to improve their skills, discuss persistent issues and cherish each other’s work.
- to support the growth of smaller communities by connecting them with experienced Wikimedians, established communities and affiliates.
- to document the learning from various activities, which include projects, campaigns, events, etc. by various community members in the past four years, for later use.
- to strategize for the next few years, on how we can together shape up the movement in India and contribute to the growth of the South Asia region at large.
- The call for sessions and scholarship applications to participate in the conference opened on 11 November 2022, 00:00 IST.
- And got closed on 14 December 2022, 23:59 IST.
- For more information on scholarships, please visit the Participation tab.
- To submit your session proposal, please check out the Session Submissions tab.
Location and Event dates
- Location: Hyderabad, Telangana
- Date: 28‒30 April 2023