Please make sure to log in to Wikimedia Meta before creating your Proposal. If your submission is selected, we will contact your Wikipedia account so make sure your Username is correct.
- Title of the submission
Workshop on writing mediawiki bot in python
- Your Username (For the submission author)
- Type of presentation
- Abstract (in about 300 words)
Python is a easy programming language, which runs on all the major operating systems. It has many libraries to interact with mediawiki. Using python, we can add, edit, or delete content on mediawiki sites. We can do all the administrative tasks automatically by creating bots in python.
In this workshop, we will explore mediawiki api, various python libraries for mediawiki(wikitools, pywikibot). Will introduce how to host out bots on PAWS environment provided by wikimedia foundation.
Will train to develop a small bot for adding and replacing content.
Pr-requisite for this workshop will be.
- Knowledge on Python Programming
- The basics editing of Wikipedia.
- Knowledge on Linux or Windows command line.
- Laptop with Linux or Windows.
Time required: Minimum of Two hrs
Requisite knowledge: knowledge of any programming language.
Target group: All Indic wikipedia community
Interested attendees and commentsEdit
- Jayantanth (talk) 13:44, 28 July 2016 (UTC)
- --Fotokannan (talk) 01:01, 31 July 2016 (UTC)
- --Dittymathew (talk) 09:37, 31 July 2016 (UTC)
- --Balurbala (talk) 15:21, 3 August 2016 (UTC)