WikiConference India 2016/Submissions/The ABCDs of Storytelling
|Main page||Hackathon||Programs||Edit-a-thon||Press coverage||FAQ||Sitemap|
Please make sure to log in to Wikimedia Meta before creating your Proposal. If your submission is selected, we will contact your Wikipedia account so make sure your Username is correct.
- Title of the submission
The ABCDs of Storytelling
- Your Username (For the submission author)
MCruz (WMF) (Link)
- Type of presentation
- Abstract (in about 300 words)
The ABCDs of Storytelling is a workshop that focuses on 4 steps to take audiences rom attention to action. This easy framework helps participants to think about the key messages they want to convey to their audience in a way that is compelling and engaging. Key concepts of the workshop include:
- Stories are important to advancing Wikimedia work.
- It is important to identify different channels for effective storytelling.
- It is useful to craft a Wikimedia story using an ABCD model and template.
The specific learning objectives of the workshop are:
- Participants will understand why stories are important to the Wikimedia movement and how to create a story that engages wikimedians in their projects.
- Participants will learn how to apply the ABCD framework to social media and blogs.
This workshop has been presented at international Wikimedia movement conferences since Wikimania 2015, counting 5 presentations to date, and it has always been very highly valued by participants.
- Zack McCune
- Maximum capacity
- 30 participants
Interested attendees and commentsEdit
- --Ravi (talk) 05:59, 20 July 2016 (UTC)
- Abha Pradhan (talk) |Contribs) 04:47, 29 July 2016 (UTC)