Please make sure to log in to Wikimedia Meta before creating your Proposal. If your submission is selected, we will contact your Wikipedia account so make sure your Username is correct.
- Title of the submission
Social media strategies: convert followers to participants
- Your Username (For the submission author)
MCruz (WMF) (Link)
- Type of presentation
- Abstract (in about 300 words)
In this workshop, we will review WMF social media strategy, analyze how it works and what can be learned from it. We will go over getting to know the audience and the follower base, how to use engagement metrics and how data helps you design a social media plan, with category posts. We will also go over best practices for branded accounts. Participants will apply these concepts in a group activity. The key learning objective of the session is:
- Participants will learn how to plan a social media strategy using data, as well as learn the processes to submit posts to the main Wikipedia social media accounts.
It is advised to participants that join the session to have access to their social media channels at the workshop.
- Maximum capacity
- --Satdeep Gill (talk) 10:52, 20 July 2016 (UTC)
- --Schwiki (talk) 21:09, 21 July 2016 (UTC)
- --Drcenjary (talk) 16:34, 24 July 2016 (UTC)
- --DiptanshuTalk 19:34, 24 July 2016 (UTC)