Please make sure to log in to Wikimedia Meta before creating your Proposal. If your submission is selected, we will contact your Wikipedia account so make sure your Username is correct.
- Title of the submission
Increasing reach of Wikimedia projects in India via Partnerships
- Your Username (For the submission author)
Smriti Gupta Dan Foy [[User:Smriti Gupta Dan Foy|(Link)]]
- Type of presentation
- Abstract (in about 300 words)
The goal of this talk is to present the Global Reach team’s strategy in India. We will mainly focus on:
- Sharing the India phone survey results. The ongoing survey covers more than 80% of the geography in India, reaching 6000 people in 12 languages in urban and rural areas. The survey results will contain relevant information about general internet usage and habits, as well as awareness and usage of Wikipedia.
- Presenting how we plan to use Partnerships to expand the reach of Wikimedia projects.
- Discussing how we work in collaboration with local communities.
The expected outcome of this talk is for the attendees to understand what the Global Reach team has learned about our readers in India and how we can extend the reach of Wikimedia projects in India via strategic partnerships.
Interested attendees and commentsEdit
- ZMcCune (WMF) (talk) 17:30, 20 July 2016 (UTC)
- --Ravi (talk) 17:32, 20 July 2016 (UTC)
- --DiptanshuTalk 03:50, 25 July 2016 (UTC)