This section is now outdated and archived only for historical purposes
Bidding for the cities for hosting WikiConference India 2016 consists of two rounds. The first round will be a simple round to encourage participation. The aim of the first round is to confirm the local community support and strength. All the cities are expected to participate in the first round of bidding criteria. The first 5 qualifying cities of the first round would be eligible to participate in the second and final round of bidding with an elaborate plan.
First Round Bidding Criteria
- City and proposed venue. This city should have at least a domestic airport.
- Wikimedia signatures of active Wikimedia projects editors who commit to be involved in organizing this in your city
- Link to local village pump where the bid has been approved with community consensus
- Proposed overall budget to conduct an event with 500 registered participants (including the accommodation cost for 100 scholarship recipients for 3 days).
- Prior experience conducting similar event(s)