Wikimedia Italia - Associazione per la diffusione della conoscenza libera is the Italian chapter of the Wikimedia movement.
Contact information at Contatti (in Italian). General e-mails to Wikimedia Italia can be sent to infowikimedia.it.
Elected on May 15, 2021.
- Iolanda Pensa, president
- Sefano Dal Bo, vicepresident
- Paolo Mauri, secretary
- Marta Cecilia Pigazzini, treasurer
- Lucia Marsicano, members liaison
- Catrin Vimercati, executive director
- Marta Arosio, senior project manager
- Ilaria Diterlizzi, project manager
- Anisa Kuci, junior project manager, community manager, OpenStreetMap
- Marco Chemello, GLAM specialist
- Francesca Lissoni, administration manager
- Alice Montrasio, junior administration manager
- Paolo Casagrande, communication
via Bergognone 34, c/o BASE Milano
20144 Milano (MI)
email: segreteria wikimedia.it
As of December 2020, the association counts 303 members. The 2020 budget comprised around 1 mln €, raised from donations, "Cinque per mille" tax donations and contributions to institutional activities.
- What has been done so far (most links in Italian, sorry)
- we participate round-the-year in local and national events and fairs, seminars, lectures in classrooms, etc. for promoting WMF projects in Italy 
- we support and collaborate in nationwide petitions and campaigns 
- we organized some online and offline initiatives  (Wiki@home (English), WikiAfrica, BWM, Biblioteca, Musica)
- 3rd part publishers released a DVD-version of it:wp (more than 20,000 copies sold) and a handbook about Wikipedia and the Wikis
- we have obtained the status of "associazione di promozione sociale" (social promotion association, a "charity" status in Italy); this grants tax deductibility on donations for the donors and other facilitations: we have also joined the WMF 2009 fundraising and 2010 "cinque per mille" campaign (sort of en:Eight per thousand for charities)
- we have an office in Milan.
- Best successes
- a few national awards 
- the digital freedoms festival (2009, 2010 and 2011)
- the Wikimedia Conference 2013 in Milan
- organization of Wiki Loves Monuments Italia, despite the legal hurdles
- Worst headache
- the squatted domains www.wiki***.it
- some legal complaints about the content of some Wikipedia articles (mainly bios of politicians), passed through to the VRT, as WMI is not the proper recipient, except one which went through a 5-years trial before WMI won in the Court.
See dedicated page.
The most recent financial statements are:
- 2020 financial statement
- 2019 financial statement
- 2018 financial statement
- 2017 financial statement
- 2016 financial statement
- 2015 financial statement
- 2014 financial statement
- 2013 financial statement
- 2012 financial statement
- 2011 financial statement
Wikimedia Italia also publishes a newsletter (Wikimedia News) about twice per month.
Wikimedia Italia was formed on Friday 17th June 2005, in Canino.
The bylaws were prepared and approved by the Wikimedia Foundation.
During an IRC meeting with Jimbo, Angela and Anthere the bylaws were amended and the Foundation was given permission to proceed.
Additional info can be found on Italian Wikipedia.