User talk:Verdy p/archive4
A barnstar for you! edit
Hi! I just want to thank you and give you this barnstar for your help with the translation of the 2011 fundraiser! The fundraiser was the best we ever had, both in terms of the amount we collected and in terms of number of translations. We couldn't have done either one without the help we got from you and other translators. If you are interested, we made a report, which has some statistics about the translations.
And: I have one more request, and that is that you take this survey. You may have got an e-mail about it, and if you did, please ignore this. But if you didn't it would be great if you would take this survey too, so we can learn to improve the translation experience.
Again, thanks for your help with translations – you're awesome! Jon Harald Søby (WMF) 14:32, 24 January 2012 (UTC)
thank you for your translation! edit
Hi Verdy, thank you very much for the French translation you did of the Affiliations Committee article on the Wikimedia Foundation blog. We've just published the blog post and greatly appreciate your help making it more accessible to more people! Matthew (WMF) (talk) 21:15, 8 November 2012 (UTC)
- Note that your publication in the Blog does NOT match the translation I did and checked (which is still correct at its source on Wikimedia Blog/Drafts/Affiliations committee blog post/fr).
- The blog publication replaces the correct link :
- whose target and meaning was perfectly right, into the incorrect link :
- Protocole Wikimedia
- which is completely wrong (no meaning) and goes to nowhere where it is pointing to.
- Visibly, the blog article was modified by someone that does not understand French or with malicious intent...
- In addition, various typos have been added in the blog publication, thoughout it which are definitely NOT in my source (missing spaces, incorrect punctuation, modified words with some not even in French).
- Who created the blog entry, or who modified it after your publication ?
- verdy_p (talk) 00:03, 15 November 2012 (UTC)
My Dear, I don't know why the choose in the past has been roa-tara. Personally, I don't like this code I prefer, it possible it-x-ta. But, I want to know, if possible after few years by this wiki born, change its code? What happens all interwiki links if this code changes? Where Can I send a request for code changing? Can you are so kindly to answer these questions? Thank you in advance --Joetaras (talk) 18:00, 30 November 2012 (UTC)
- All interwikis can continue to work (in a transition time), by
- asking to the admins of WMF DNS servers to create a new domain name "it-x-ta.wikipedia.org" pointing to the same webserver as the current domain.
- changing the "roa-tara.wikipedia.org" domain name to become a "CNAME" alias to the new prefered domain name (all existing links will continue to work).
- adding the new code "it-x-ta" to the interwiki maps (to be performed in the MediaWiki configuration files used by all Wikimedia servers)
- informing the community that they can use the new code, and that MediaWiki bots will be allowed to transform the old codes to the new codes in pages containing these interwiki links. The conversion may take a long time during which the two codes will coexist.
- But yes the Language committee must be involved to approve and organise this change (I already approve it, as I saif in the talk page of the Main page of this Tarandine Wikipedia). In fact I had already replied there what could be done, and what were the possible options to conform to existing Internet standards (BCP 47).
- verdy_p (talk) 22:23, 7 December 2012 (UTC)