LoopZilla 14:21, 11 Mar 2005 (UTC)
Good work! We'll need to find out a few things: overall prices (it doesn't give this on the webpage - just individual costs), availability, and also whether their internet network will prevent us setting up our own separate wireless network (this has been isolated as a major problem for UK universities). But it's a good plan - London - maybe you could whip up some interest/support at the meetup tomorrow.. Cormaggio @ 15:11, 10 September 2005 (UTC)
- As with all the others, I am waiting on information to be sent, such as prices. I met a Wikipedian today, who suggested Imperial College, which I look at now! LoopZilla 19:44, 11 September 2005 (UTC)
Ok I've set up the official bid for London here - please take a look and add to it. As you'll see it's very incomplete - we need more info on catering (ie meals and not breakfasts), how we're going to deal with JANET and the connectivity issue, and also if we've any suggestions for sponsorship. If you've any info on the first two and ideas on the third, that'd be great. PS - will you be contactable at all next week? Cormaggio @ 18:10, 22 September 2005 (UTC)
- I am not generally contactable next week (but make an effort to check in if I possibly can). The JANET issue has been blown out of all proportion! I have made contact with relavent authorities and await an answer in detail about waht we can and cannot do. The fact that they (Queen Mary) offer service for which we pay means that they will provide a service. I am just waiting for answers.... LoopZilla 18:26, 23 September 2005 (UTC)
Oct 16 meetingEdit
Hi Gordon, unfortunately I got called into work today and couldn't come online at 6pm - could you let me know the outcomes of your discussions please? Cheers -- Francs2000 00:46, 17 October 2005 (UTC)
- Ah.... LoopZilla 10:27, 17 October 2005 (UTC)
It's the bid that is archived, not the year :-) Sj
- Hard to archive 2006 now.... LoopZilla 22:16, 23 November 2005 (UTC)
I don't know how I did it, but after about 48 hours of installing and deleting various combinations of versions of wiki, apache, and php, I finally got it back up! It's beautiful I think and now I'll treat the whole system like a delicate peice of glass. Thanks for using my site. Have you signed up? You might win the 10 thousand digit prime I'm giving away. -Tbsmith http://www.exampleproblems.com
At some point you expressed an interest in supporting Wikimedia UK. We're now ready to begin receiving applications from prospective members. If you would like to join, application forms and further information can be found at: http://www.wikimedia.org.uk/join. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions, either via my user page at the English Wikipedia or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thanks, Andreww 19:25, 15 July 2007 (UTC)
(Membership officer, Wikimedia UK)
Wikimania 2010 Oxford bidEdit
Thank you for supporting the Oxford bid to hold Wikimania 2010! We're currently in the final stages of the bid process - the jury will be announcing their decision by the 16th April. We're currently putting together the local team for the bid (who will do what if the bid wins); if you're able to be on the local team, please put your name in the appropriate place on Wikimania 2010/Bids/Oxford/Team. We'd also welcome anything you can do to help refine the bid in these last few days. If you have any questions, please let me or User:Seddon know. Thanks. Mike Peel 21:29, 10 April 2009 (UTC)
London meetup 46 date changeEdit
WMUK are having a Board meeting and meetup in Birmingham on Sunday 12th June so have asked if we can change the date of London meetup 46 - would moving it to Sunday 19th June work for you?
- Yes - fine! Gordo 21:34, 27 April 2011 (UTC)
London meetup 50 date changeEdit
I'm proposing to move the date of London meetup #50 a week later, as I'll be out of the country. Thought I should ping you a message directly, though, as you've already signed up. Does that work for you?