Санта Клаус 10:43, 7 April 2008 (UTC)
Hello, Ghaly, I need you to answers some question in the proposal page.--Mohammed Ahmed 12:08, 27 April 2008 (UTC)
Thanks, Ghaly. I agree that the constant arguing doesn't really take the discussion anywhere. You did right by moving on, which I've done as well. I will be returning to the incubator wiki soon. Best, — Zerida 21:45, 13 May 2008 (UTC)
تبعث لي رسالة مكتوب فيها أهلاً غالي! لا تنسخ الرسالة الموجودة في صفحتك وتلصقها في صفحتي. هذا خطأ.--Mohammed Ahmed 12:44, 7 July 2008 (UTC)
I would greatly appreciate it if you could weigh in on Requests for new languages/Wikisource Coptic.
...If you could join the group, I would greatly appreciate it.
Kind regards, ~Troy 18:34, 24 July 2008 (UTC)
Hello Ghaly, to enter the chat You would need an IRC client, such as w:ChatZilla or You could use one via the browser, like http://chat.wikizine.org/ first go to #wikimedia and ask for an invite to #wikimedia-admin.
To the article count: Articles are only counted as articles if they contain [[ (except if they are redirects) somewhere in them. If they don't they are not counted as articles. arz:Special:Statistics shows the total pages too (containing redirects, etc.)
Hope that helped.
- Hello Ghaly, I understand. This is a bit weird, the full text search needs some time before it displays new pages afaik (compare 1 and 2), but the page exists already since 31 January 2009, I would recommend to ask a developer in #wikimedia-tech if there is some sort of problem, maybe it just takes a bit longer sometimes. Best regards, --birdy geimfyglið (:> )=| 15:16, 9 February 2009 (UTC)
- Hello Ghaly, for the link I gave You, You will need an IRC-client, such as ChatZilla etc. also You could go to http://chatwikizine.memebot.com/cgi-bin/cgiirc/irc.cgi select #wikimedia-tech from the second drop down menu (leave the first one as it is), insert a nickname "Ghaly" for example and press 'login' to go to the chatroom via the browser. Best regards, --birdy geimfyglið (:> )=| 15:41, 9 February 2009 (UTC)
Re: Page deletionEdit
re:Raafat @ arzEdit
Hello Ghaly, I am very sorry, but merging accounts is not possible (yet) on Wikimedia-Foundation-Wikis. I am not sure if it is planned or not for the future, but atm. it is only possible to rename accounts from one name to the other. Since both, "Raafatt" and "Raafat" are global accounts and have many contributions on different wikis, this is a difficult matter and there is no real solution, he could only choose one name e.g. "Raafat" and ask for renames to it on wikis where "Raafatt" has more edits than "Raafat". Best regards, --birdy geimfyglið (:> )=| 18:58, 13 June 2009 (UTC)
For me it works fine, I can't find a JS error atm, please let me know what kind of troubles You have. Did You clear the browser cache? Best regards, --birdy geimfyglið (:> )=| 13:42, 16 January 2010 (UTC)
Dear Ghaly, since you are an administrator on a wiki from which no user participated in this discussion, I'd like to make sure you are aware of some recent events which may alter what the Wikimedia Foundation lets you do on your wiki: Superprotect.
- Request for comment: Requests for comment/Superprotect rights
- An open letter about its implementation: Letter to Wikimedia Foundation: Superprotect and Media Viewer
Peteforsyth 09:17, 12 September 2014 (UTC)
Notice of removal of global bot status from one or various accounts of yoursEdit
Hello PAGENAME}}. You are being contacted as owner of one or more accounts flagged with global bot status. This is to inform you that pursuant §1.1.4 of the global bot policy as amended by this RFC one or various of the global bots which you operate are inactive in the terms laid out by the global bot policy. As such, global bot status from those account(s) have been removed. This message is being left on Meta-Wiki and on your homewiki. We thank you for your work as global bot operator. If you have any questions or concerns, you can raise them at the Stewards' Noticeboard on Meta-Wiki. Best regards. —MarcoAurelio ~~~
— This message has been automatically delivered by on behalf of MarcoAurelio.
- This message is being left on your talk page at Meta-Wiki and those of your home wiki(s). Sorry for the duplicates.
Dear global bot operator: Some days ago you received a message in which you were informed that one or various accounts you hold lost a global bot flag because of inactivity. Due to a mistake, messages informing about this were not sent before removal took place as policy mandates. As such, if you think your bot will be active again on global bot duties, you can request the restoration of the global bot flag on the stewards' noticeboard at Meta-Wiki within the next two (2) weeks after this message has been posted. Please note that this removal was purely procedural based on inactivity. If you have any questions, you can reach me on my talk page at Meta-Wiki. Please accept my apologies in advance for this. Best regards. -- MediaWiki message delivery (talk) on behalf of MarcoAurelio at 18:11, 2 February 2016 (UTC)