Defence of the wikipedia in ancient greekEdit
There is a discussion about it, with a passional defense of our proyect in the board of language subcommittee titled Latina Wikipedia closing and hellenic wikipedia opening that is currently continued in the list of wikimedia title Allow new wikis in extinct languages?. if you want to susbcribe to the list enter here. you can help providing good arguments to get a reconsideration
Hi Dovi, if you're around and able to help with a quick de: translation, leave me a note on my talk page. (-: +sj+ 06:20, 6 Sep 2004 (UTC)
time for deployEdit
Hi, I saw you were moving id.wikisource.org to the "Languages on this page that are ready". Do you any idea of when the site will be created ? Thanks Borgx 15:33, 31 October 2005 (UTC)
I think you haven't read quite well all the aspects of Moldovan wikipedia. There isn't any single user exept Node ue who wants to have that wikipedia. Yes, he doesn't speak romanian/moldovan. Don't forget romanian/moldovan is written in latin alphabet. See official web site of Government of Moldova here: http://www.moldova.md/ So why should we have a french or german wikipedia written in Cyrillic just because a kid of 17 years old like Node ue like to play around? --Fratele lui Bonaparte, il cunosti? 05:08, 4 July 2006 (UTC)
- I think what I wrote stands for itself. What I wrote has nothing to do with who the contributors are, but with the idea that a different transcription and a separate cultural identity for a language does indeed justify a separate wiki, something which the opponents of this Wikipedia deny in principle. Dovi 18:42, 4 July 2006 (UTC)
So after you having a french wikipedia just written in Cyrrilic alphabet is OK, I guess.... Don't you get it that Moldovan=Romanian and are written both in Latin alphabet? Are you aware of this or not yet? Read more, documentate first, people get bored very easily with ignorants like you. --Fratele lui Bonaparte, il cunosti? 05:21, 5 July 2006 (UTC)
Please read here: Proposals_for_closing_projects#What_reliable_sources_say_about_Moldovan_Language. Thank you. Adriatikus 07:47, 5 July 2006 (UTC)
Switching direction in an edit box.Edit
Hi Larry, just a technical RTL LTR question:
Do you know what key-sequence one needs to tap in order to change text direction?
In other words, within a LTR Wikimedia edit box, if I want to time text that appears from RTL within the edit box and doesn't mess up the punctuation, what makes the cursor switch direction so that I can type in Hebrew normally?
I know that switching characters is alt-shift. Switching direction is something similar, but I can't remember what. Dovi 14:50, 31 December 2007 (UTC)
- Hi Dovi! It might be that there are browser specific keystrokes to change the directionality. I do not know these. I am using user:לערי ריינהארט/monobook.js made by Brion. Please see also
- → search MediaZilla for wpTextbox1 about places where it can be used already (protected pages) and where it should be used in the feature.
- You are welcome to join the IRC channel irc.mozilla.org/BiDi and ask irc.mozilla.org/isnik,smontagu. He speaks Hebrew. You find me with irc.freenode.net/isnik,gangleri or irc.mozilla.org/isnik,gangleri or at Skype. There my nickname is "irelgnag".
- Best regards
- ·לערי ריינהארט·Th·T·email me· 23:54, 31 December 2007 (UTC)
- P.S. from 
- In Opera 9.0 (all version) doesn't work !!! keyboard combination:
- Ctrl+Shift in text field.
- When I press this combination in IE 6.0, IE switch direction of text from "left-to-right" to "right-to-left".
- It's very important for peoples, that are using Hebrew & Arabic!!!
- ·לערי ריינהארט·Th·T·email me· 01:26, 1 January 2008 (UTC)
- <smontagu> gangleri: in Firefox you need "Switch Text Direction" from the context menu. It's only there if bidi.browser.ui is set to true in about:config (which is the default in RTL locales)
- <smontagu> in IE you can use Ctrl-Left Shift and Ctrl-Right Shift
Thanks a lot Simon! Best regards
·לערי ריינהארט·Th·T·email me· 09:23, 3 January 2008 (UTC)
Request for user pages on all wikisEdit
Hello Dovi. You now have user pages on nearly every wiki (see discussion and a log of changed or skipped pages). —Pathoschild 06:02:31, 04 November 2008 (UTC)
text of a policyEdit
Hoi, the text of a policy should not contain information that is not going to be stable. It is fine when you want to mention things in talk pages. It is not good to have them in the policy text itself. Thanks, GerardM 14:27, 25 November 2008 (UTC)
- I disagree (the rough numbers can always be adjusted). But if you insist (and as usual do you do not really want to discuss the issue), then perhaps a policy should not be based upon a constantly changing list maintained outside of the Wikimedia Foundation? Dovi 15:26, 25 November 2008 (UTC)
- There is a difference between removing numbers and removing static references to a process. The notion that the lists changes outside of the WMF is a misconception. Thanks, GerardM 15:28, 25 November 2008 (UTC)
You are just wrongEdit
Please study this and you will find that Pathoschild re-aranged things as indicated. The requirements for full localisation were there in the previous version as well. Thanks, GerardM 16:50, 25 November 2008 (UTC)
Wikisource User Group and Community PollEdit
Hi Dovi. You receive this message because you signed the Wikisource User Group page: the User Group, as you probably know, is being evaluated by the AffCom, and they asked some questions that involve all interested users (as you are :-). Could you please take a moment to read these questions and answers for yourself? It is very important. Moreover, make sure you read and review the Wikisource community poll: we would like it to be filled in by as many users as possible, and we need really your help for that. If you want and can translate it, please write it here. Please contact us if you want to help: Wikisource is an amazing project, and it can be much more amazing if we all work together :-) Thanks! --Aubrey (talk) 08:55, 24 September 2013 (UTC)
Please visit this page if you wish to contribute to a centralized discussion about a Wikimedia genealogy project. Thank you! --Another Believer (talk) 22:25, 26 February 2014 (UTC)
Feedback requested: August update for ebook export improvement projectEdit
Hello, Dovi! The Community Tech team has posted an August update to the Wikisource Ebook Export Improvement project, and we would love your feedback. The update includes findings from our community consultation, results from two technical analyses, and proposed next steps for the project. The feedback you provided has been crucial, and it has helped us understand how to approach our work. For this reason, we invite you to check out the latest update and share your feedback again on the project talk page. Thank you in advance! --IFried (WMF) (talk) 14:39, 21 August 2020 (UTC)