User talk:Cpt ricard
Fundraising translation feedbackEdit
Hey Cpt ricard,
I wanted to ask for your help. As you may be aware we have been running banners on many language wikis. We have a lot of new content this year and I really want to conduct a thorough review of our translations. This is a combination of feedback from the community, readers, donors as well as those with professional translator experience. This will help us ensure the highest quality of translations used in our messaging.
To help us out with this I wonder if you would be willing to give us feedback for Spanish using This Link
Simply follow the simple instructions on that page and if you have any questions feel free to contact me on my talk page.
- Absolutely!! I'm assuming we throw changes/ideas onto the talk page? --Cpt ricard (talk) 21:43, 1 April 2013 (UTC)
- All done - some prose changes (it was a bit stunted) and maybe some localizations (EE.UU. vs EEUU which I've seen more - could be regional). In general Spanish is much more wordy and verbose and it sounds short and impolite if it's a brute translation. Hope it helped! --Cpt ricard (talk) 23:11, 1 April 2013 (UTC)
The Stethoscope: A Wiki Project Med Foundation Review (Issue 1)Edit
Wiki Project Med Foundation (WPMEDF) was formally incorporated in New York as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Our mission is bold like Wikipedia's: Imagine a world in which every single person is given free access to the sum of all medical knowledge." That's what we're doing.
In this newsletter:
- Designing our logos and name: How and why we made them
- Creating Our Board: Who's involved and what they're doing
- Adding 70+ Interested members: Participants from all over the globe
- Furthering ongoing projects: Expanding exciting in many directions at once
- Proposing Wikimania presentations: Sign up for the talks that interest you
- Taking on on social media: Up and running with outreach (plus business cards!)
- Charting pathways for how you can help right now: a great list easy and important areas to contribute
We aim to run The Stethoscope at least once per quarter and no more than once per month. We only send to people who already signed on as WikiProject Med or Wiki Project Medicine Foundation interested members/participants. If you do not want to receive the newsletter, please add your name here.
It's been a pleasure so far, and we have so much more to do. Wishing you happy Spring up North and pleasant Autumn down South.
BMJ account redistribution (The Wikipedia Library)Edit
Hi - according to our records you received a free account for BMJ through The Wikipedia Library. Because we’ve used up all of our allocated accounts, and it’s been some time since they were distributed, we want to redistribute any accounts that aren’t being used to users on our waitlist.
If you’re still using, or plan to use, your BMJ access, no problem! Simply head over to the Library Card platform, log in, and request a renewal of your account. You should be able to do this from your user page, or the BMJ signup page. If you can’t find the renewal button, or have any other issues or questions about this, please feel free to leave a message on my talk page. We’ll begin redistributing inactive accounts in a few weeks; if you request renewal after then we should still be able to reactivate your account if we have spots remaining. Thanks, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 12:16, 4 September 2018 (UTC)
Wiki Project Medicine Foundation MembershipEdit
Dear Wiki Project Med Supporter, you are receiving this message as you have shown interest in supporting Wiki Project Med in the past. As our organization grows and evolves, we want to be able to verify peoples ongoing interest in being involved. To that end, the board has decided to require renew of membership every two years. So -- whether you are a current member or not, please fill out our updated membership form, to ensure your membership till the end of 2020. Please note -- We ask that you fill out the form by Feb 3rd, as we are close to elections and only members can nominate themselves for the board and vote!