Joined 2 March 2009
- About me
- I dwell in Possibility —
- From 2005 to 2014, I was mostly active on German Wikipedia. Due to the superprotect affair I became a critical observer of the Wikimedia projects, watching developments from a distance. I support the Letter to Wikimedia Foundation: Superprotect and Media Viewer, as do over 970 other authors, as of September 2015. This also lead to my retirement from the German branch of the Wikipedia Library I had begun to launch at the time.
- From 2010 to 2013, I took part in Wikimedia Deutschland's outreach programme, bringing a critical point of view on Wikipedia to both the classroom and universities. When Wikimedia Deutschland cancelled its education programme, I became a co-founder of the wiki:team network of public speakers, continuing our previous work for Wikipedia in education.
- From June 2012 until May 2013, I was a member of German Wikipedia's arbitration committee. From October 2012 until July 2013, I was a sysop and bureaucrat on German Wikiversity. From February 2013 until December 2015 I was a member of the German Volunteer Response Team (then known as OTRS).
- I used to be a regular contributor to our community's blog Wikipedia:Kurier, taking an interest in the relationship between Wikimedia organisations and communities.
- In 2019, I resumed editing more regularly in my main areas of interest, viz. law and society, literature, and LIS. I also contribute to our resource exchange on German Wikipedia as best I can.
- I support the Community open letter on renaming the Wikimedia Foundation, as do over 1000 other authors and over 70 Wikimedia affiliated and not affiliated organisations, as of September 2021. I also subscribe to the sustainability initiative, as do over 740 more contributors, as of September 2021. In October 2022 I endorsed Think big – open letter about Wikimedia Commons.
- Please leave a message on my talk page on German Wikipedia, where I will also reply. This is my main account on Wikimedia projects. Please feel free to talk to me in German, English, French, or Esperanto. Thanks.
- Wikimail is enabled on most Wikimedia platforms.
- Discussions started on a talk page of another user, an article, or a portal should please be continued there so as to keep all the conversation in one place. I'm watching, though it may take a while for me to reply since I am not active every day on Wikipedia and I have switched off e-mail notifications.
- /Wikimedia-Bewegung – a sketch of the Wikimedia movement and its policies (unfinished draft, 2012/2013, in German)
- /Wikimedia-Rechtsfragen – an overview of legal opinions, court rulings, and discussions on Wikimedia legal matters
- /Wikipedia-Bibliographie – a list of references on Wikipedia and Wikimedia matters (2010)
- /Standortbestimmung Wikipedia 2013 – an analysis of Wikipedia in 2013 with regard to Wikimedia policies and conflicts over paid editing (in German)
- /Bestandsaufnahme Wikiversity 2013 – a brief comment and an article from the Wikipedia:Kurier on the state of German Wikiversity in 2013; an essay written in preparation of the first Wikiversity meetup scheduled for July 2013 (in German)
- /Bestandsaufnahme Wikinews 2013 – a critical appraisal of the role Wikinews can play within the current media landscape (in German)
- /Don't break the community – three posts to wikitech-l in June 2014 on the conflict between technical progress for MediaWiki and community development
|This is a Wikimedia global user page.|
If you find this page on any site other than a Wikimedia one, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated, and that the user whom this page is about may have no personal affiliation with the site. The original page is located at https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Aschmidt.