I suggest we can use en.，zh., prefix in metawiki, site, that will make translate clear and easy.--Yongxinge 09:20, 1 Apr 2005 (UTC)
I created an template for guidance for newcoming translators. It could be however improved (and multilingualized in some ways). Thoughts? --Aphaia 08:13, 4 July 2006 (UTC)
You can help translation and update of the WMF website, without account as follows:
- Check Wikimedia:Template:News-nl and Wikimedia:Template:News-en (always copied to Translation requests/WMF/News-en)
- Copy what News-nl lacks from "News-en" to this page. If difference is not large, you may want to work on Translation requests/WMFnews.
- Make a translation.
- Ask someone to review it for correction, if possible.
- Say Upload on Translation requests/WMF, besides the link to this page.
- Someone will upload it and update is done. Thank you!
- currently used only in news-nl. No serious choice, it was just the first subpage I picked up.
- Substituted for the record. The current system is better designed, hopefully. --Aphaia 05:40, 9 April 2007 (UTC)
I've linked this from that page; see also Meta talk:Translate extension#Moving forward. The pages worth translating that have no translations are quicker and should be made translatable here on Meta immediately, those with previous translations require some more work and need momentum. --Nemo 07:23, 13 May 2013 (UTC)