Thanks Benoit Rochon for the calendar addition and for specifying the language, user registration and diet restrictions. On the other hand, using the notice for 2 months out of 12 is rather extreme and would benefit from some impact assessment on your end (maybe considering discussion participants or such?).
As a simple tweak to make sure that all users who log in know about the initiative while not being brought to hate it by an excessive repetition, you may further improve the diet by reducing it to 5 (or less) impressions every 2 weeks. Considering that there are many French-language wikis and that active users visit them with multiple devices, that will still mean seeing the notice dozens times, as opposed to hundreds in the currently proposed diet. Nemo 08:27, 2 January 2018 (UTC)
- @Ilario: - Feel free to use the following call for the time being. But ideally fonts should be locally hosted.:
src: local('Montserrat'), local('Montserrat'), url(https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/donate/c/cd/Montserrat.woff2) format('woff2');}
- Seddon (WMF) (talk) 10:06, 9 October 2018 (UTC)
- @Nemo bis: @Seddon (WMF): I use Web Safe Fonts and they are universal fonts which comes pre-installed with the operating systems and browsers. There should not be lnked resources, is not it? I don't use Google fonts. --Ilario (talk) 19:11, 9 October 2018 (UTC)
- @Ilario:, I think that Nemo is referring to the website the banners point to. The site is calling montserrat via googles font api. Seddon (WMF) (talk) 01:15, 10 October 2018 (UTC)
Also, the "close" button is not working and the diet is not set. I've already seen this banner hundreds of times. Please set a reasonable maximum number of impressions (5 is plenty) over the whole time, given the calendar mentions a whopping 6 weeks. --Nemo 12:13, 16 October 2018 (UTC)
Old campaigns being reusedEdit
I'm reusing some old campaigns for a read-only window that will happen on 2020-05-07. They are labelled
2019-04-11_Maintenance_window_XXX with XXX standing for a wiki name. This is normal.
The context is that they match databases clusters, here s3. When I created these campaigns last year, I didn't think about the fact that the could be reused. I've started investigations around renaming the campaigns to match the clusters, which would make things much clearer.
So please don't disable them because of the wrong date! :D
Sincere apologies, but I've had to push the POTY 2020 banners on 7 days owing to some tech issues with the campaign setup. c/p Steinsplitter - is there anything else I need to do? firefly ( t · c ) 09:56, 12 September 2021 (UTC)
- Since there will also be a banner running for all languages/all projects for the Movement Charter, I actually think these dates are a better option. :) R2 does still fall in the same week as the second Movement Charter banner, so you could try and contact JKoerner (WMF) and see if one of you could move back/forward, etc? Ciell (talk) 18:25, 12 September 2021 (UTC)