User talk:JBrungs (WMF)
Hello Julia! Welcome! the wub "?!" 10:35, 31 March 2021 (UTC)
- Hi Peter! Thank you! --JBrungs (WMF) (talk) 10:38, 31 March 2021 (UTC)
The fundraising banner mentions Wikipedia, by saying " Hi reader. This is the 3rd time we’ve interrupted your reading recently, but 98% of our readers don't give. Many think they’ll give later, but then forget. This Friday we ask you to protect Wikipedia. All we ask is $2.75, or what you can afford, to secure our future. We ask you, humbly: Please don't scroll away. If you are one of our rare donors, we warmly thank you."
It does not mention sister wikis, or the word "Wikimedia" with a link to www.wikimedia.org which lists the sister projects.
The fundraising banner appears to also be absent at sister wikis.
Could you please fix these two issues?
Please let me know if you'd like this issue to be raised in Phabricator instead. Thank you!
Regards, --Gryllida 20:47, 9 December 2021 (UTC)
- Thank you for your feedback Gryllida. We only run banners on Wikipedia itself and not on the sister projects in order to reduce disruptions for editors and readers. Below the banner you find the following text:
- In there we state that the fundraising campaign is run by the Wikimedia Foundation and you can find more details on this in the linked FAQs as well. Best wishes, JBrungs (WMF) (talk) 06:50, 13 December 2021 (UTC)
Happy new year, hope you are well.
I noticed there are no Central Notice fundraiser campaigns for 2022 planned in the banner calendar yet. Is this an oversight, or is WMF holding of fundraising at the moment? Just making sure, so all can keep on coordinating the banners through this overview in the calendar. Ciell (talk) 21:25, 4 January 2022 (UTC)
- Hi @Ciell,
- Thanks for flagging this! I will add the ones that are scheduled in the next week. Happy new year to you too! JBrungs (WMF) (talk) 06:43, 10 January 2022 (UTC)
For Italy, there will be a banner for International Women's Day on 8th of March. Would it be possible to start the fundraising banner on March 9 or 10 for instance? Activities for Celebrate Women will go on all through the month of March and the banner for registered users is planned accordingly (though with a slimmer diet for the rest of the month), and I have a very small campaign for anonymous users set up as well, for the three days leading up to March 8th. Ciell (talk) 11:58, 3 March 2022 (UTC)
- Thanks for flagging this @Ciell. That is no problem, I will change the start date to the 9th or 10th (still checking which date is best for us). Best, JBrungs (WMF) (talk) 17:21, 3 March 2022 (UTC)
Wikipedia survey, timetableEdit
hi @JBrungs (WMF)
this message to keep you posted about our survey. You'll find here the languages targeted (even if there is not always a translator indicated, as we did not put their name if they did not expressly agree upon).
Our questionnaire is nearly ready in French and in English, we are in the test phase, so we should be ready to broadcast by mi-April. As indicated in the central notice request, we do not need to do all the languages in the same time, so we have flexibility for the banners. What we would really like to have is a 2-week period for each language for the banner.
I must say that, if you had time, I would need help for the banner design, as well as the design of the landing pages.
thanks in advance, and I wish you a nice week-end! Jullienn (talk) 15:44, 17 March 2023 (UTC)
- Thanks for keeping me updated @Jullienn.
- Good luck with everything.
- In case of banner and landing page design help, maybe ask in the Central Notice request and admin if they, or someone else can help. I am sadly not the right person for this.
- Best, JBrungs (WMF) (talk) 09:53, 20 March 2023 (UTC)
Thanks for keeping me updated@JBrungs, Great ! Great!! Great!!! Lucky to all, In advance have a nice weekend. Regards.￼ AL42925 (talk) 14:57, 21 March 2023 (UTC)