Survey Support Desk
- To find surveys in the movement, check Category:Surveys.
The Learning & Evaluation Team is available to support your survey. They can be contacted at email@example.com in order to get your survey questions answered or if you need more in-depth support.
The Survey Support Desk
for Wikimedia Foundation staff, Wikimedia affiliates, and volunteersEdit
Online resources for surveysEdit
- Find the latest resources in the Wikimedia movement to design the best survey.
Quick Links for survey management:
- Community Engagement Calendar - To see what surveys & consultations are coming up.
- Wikimedia CentralNotice Banners - To reserve a time for banner notifications.
- Research:Index - Since all surveys are a type of research, post your survey goals, methods, and results here.
- Phabricator Surveys board - to find current surveys and ongoing tasks.
- Find Wikimedia-related surveys in Category:Surveys
- Strategy, management, and communications
- Reaching people with surveys
- Writing and designing questions
- Privacy and data
- Analyzing and sharing survey results
- Survey best practices
- Doing a research project and need additional funding? You can get support from Wikimedia Foundation Quarterly Projects Grant!
- Don't like using Google forms? You can request a qualtrics account. You need to have a clear purpose for using qualtrics. See below for more information.
Direct support for surveysEdit
Quick Survey SupportEdit
- Getting a Qualtrics account
- Ask for support with survey software
- Have your survey reviewed by an expert
- Any fast question about surveys
- One-time consultations for your survey
- In-depth question development and support
- Analysis guidance
For more in-depth support and guidance, make sure to give at least 4 weeks of advanced notice!
Find people with survey experience!Edit
- User:Parveen Bhadoo
- User:I JethroBT (WMF)
- User:MAbdulai (WMF)
- User:Beat Estermann
- User:Christof Pins (WMDE)
- User:Anna Torres (WMAR)
- User:JAnstee (WMF)
- User:Tbayer (WMF)
- User:EGalvez (WMF)