LimeSurvey is a Free software useful to create basic or very sophisticated forms or surveys. It can be adopted by contributors of Wikimedia projects and staff members of Wikimedia chapters.
You have multiple ways to try and adopt LimeSurvey. We can describe them in this page.
Features apart, LimeSurvey can also be appreciated for some ethical values dear to Wikimedia projects (think about MediaWiki):
|Client Free||Server Free||No third-parties|
By the way, you don't have to install LimeSurvey on your server. You can just find a good provider.
Some key-features of LimeSurvey:
- ability to translate questions in multiple languages
- support for lot of question types
- support for weird configurations and dependencies between questions
- quick backup and restore
- export answers in multiple open formats (to process them with your favorite tools)
- ability to edit the survey without losing answers (but don't get used to it)
- real-time notifications (to monitor survey adoption)
There are a lot of good LimeSurvey providers in the world.
You can list here a provider if you would somehow recommend it for a Wikimedia project.
- Professional support
- Courtesy service
Here some human beings who can help you with this tool:
- The server of this application is free software.
- This solution allows you to exclude any third party company.
- In this solution it is not possible to manage everything on your server (on-premise) or it is not possible to do it using only free software.
- Translating LimeSurvey
- Question types in LimeSurvey
- Export responses in LimeSurvey
- How-to update or add questions to a live LimeSurvey